Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Sr. Director, Advisory Services is the overall contact center lead across high-complexity, multi-workstream engagements with responsibility to own, coordinate, and harmonize the overall approach.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Client and business development for Payer Enterprise Transformation; resource will be charged with surfacing new opportunities, securing SOWs and agreements for new and add-on consulting work
- Delivery and quality assurance of key Payer Transformation client engagements including key deliverables and achieving delivery milestones
- Serve as key practice leader to guide development of transformation playbooks, approaches and accelerators and as engagement leader for operating model and business transformation engagements
- Ability to deconstruct complex client issues and shape a pragmatic, client-specific solution
- Build consensus among c-suite client stakeholders who play a critical role in the client’s ability to successfully implement the identified solutions
- Responsible for determining overall analytical approach and structure for engagement / workstream and including key deliverables
- Spend time coaching team members to develop approaches for their own workstreams, reviewing and validating their work for accuracy, effectiveness, and impact
- Principal point of day to day contact for client project lead and relationship builder with senior clients
- Establishes optimal communication cadence with client and demonstrates sufficient executive presence to lead onsite presentations
- Assigns workstreams to team members and self that reflect skills and development needs while meeting needs and timelines of client
- Focuses on project economics and directs team to follow practices needed to ensure both quality and profitability
- Closely monitors actual vs. expected team utilization
- Effectively and appropriately apply both deductive and inductive thinking
- Provide support to other Optum Advisory Services business units when expertise is required in dealing with client issues
- Communicate effectively and accurately in writing and verbally to prospects, clients, and other team members
- Demonstrate strong relationship management skills and ability to handle challenging interpersonal situations
- Contribute to practice-level initiatives including business development and thought leadership beyond client project work
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Relevant Advanced Degree (MBA/MPH/MHA) with 10+ years consulting experience
- 10+ years of experience in management consulting
- Experience shaping complex operating models and driving business transformations
- Experience with a variety of problem-solving approaches
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite - Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Ability to travel domestically, up to 60 - 80%
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Graduate level degree in business or healthcare
- Payer and/or provider experience
- Experience managing projects that achieved budget and timeline goals
- Experience mentoring junior level staff
- Background in healthcare consulting
- Possess analytical reasoning and solution-focus problem solving
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional teams
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to drill down to the root cause of issues and be creative in problem solving
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $134,200 to $257,700. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $134,200 to $257,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/AffirmativSe Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected bylower 48 law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.