This position is responsible for developing, planning, and developing an in-silico platform for antibody and other protein engineering in collaboration with other scientists in the group and across the company. The incumbent will be responsible for developing workflows for the de novo design of antibodies and proteins. This position assists in identifying and implementing departmental initiatives and strategies. This position may/will supervise the work of others directly and/or across interdisciplinary teams.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Develop an in-silico platform for antibody and other protein engineering in collaboration with other scientists in the group and across the company
- Develop computational pipelines for protein structure determination using structural and/or sequence-based methods and/or artificial intelligence methods (e.g. Rosetta, AlphaFold)
- Develop computational pipelines for protein docking and antibody epitope mapping
- Demonstrate ability to combine data from different sources and analyze these or incorporate these into multidimensional optimization of protein:protein interactions
- Lead a technical team to implement computational pipelines in protein design, engineering, or prediction
- Critically evaluate experimental data and incorporate this knowledge into design
- Provides input to the management team to identify, develop, and execute departmental initiatives and strategies.
- Leads technical team(s) to accomplish project goals and manages/coordinates work of other team members.
- Presents findings/analyses and any associated issues/solutions to peer groups and managers; makes recommendations for project advancement.
- Leads cross-functional initiatives with other business units on projects/products or associated deliverables.
- Specific duties may vary depending upon departmental requirements.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master's degree (PhD preferred) in structural bioinformatics, molecular biology, bioengineering, biophysics, computational biology, or related field with industry experience
- Expertise with protein and antibody modeling, including antigen-antibody interactions
- Publications in the form of high-profile papers/patents within protein prediction or de novo protein design, including antibody or enzyme engineering.
- Experience with artificial intelligence and/or machine learning methods is desirable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proven record of remaining current, learning new techniques/research in areas of computational biochemistry
- Superior scientific fundamentals and analytical background.
- Ability to work independently and in teams, and to collaborate with external parties
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to working in a highly dynamic and collaborative environment
- Expert problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to organize and move project tasks forward in an orderly and structured fashion.
- Strong analytical skills with the demonstrated ability to gather and evaluate complex data and information and develop a recommendation and plan of action.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills required, with the ability to manage multiple and often changing priorities and issues of varying complexity while meeting time-sensitive deadlines and deliverables.
- Demonstrated propensity to be creative, collaborative, proactive, and self-motivated in the execution and completion of assigned tasks.
- Exceptional communication (written and verbal) skills regardless of the format (e.g., documents, public speaking situations, presentations, etc.).
- Attention to detail with demonstrated commitment to excellence and performance.
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is frequently required to sit and stand for long periods. The individual is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms.
- Up to 10 % of the day may be spent at a laboratory bench.
- There are aspects of the position’s duties that require a person in this role to work at heights above four (4) feet on occasion and move/lift up to 25 pounds.
- Laboratory environment working with chemical reagents and performing some Biosafety Level 2 work
- May involve handling of BSL-2 materials and organisms including human blood and/or blood products.
- Artificial Intelligence
- Attention To Detail
- Biological Engineering