To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
9001 Shadow Ridge Road
Palm Desert, CA 92211
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Assistant Chief Engineer (Facilities)
Marriott Vacations Worldwide • Palm Desert, CA
Posted 7 days ago
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Relocation Available - Yes
Assists department head in managing budget, capital expenditures, preventative maintenance and energy conservation. Accountable for maintaining the building and grounds with particular attention towards safety, security and asset protection. Assigns, tracks and follows up on status of work assigned to associates and contractors. Helps to increase guest and associate satisfaction through effective communications and training.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years' experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R (Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration) /electrical/plumbing.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Building and Construction, Engineering, Mechanics, or related major; 2 years' experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing.
CORE WORK ACTIVIITES
Supporting management of Property Operations
- Supervises distribution of repair work orders.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
- Assists in effectively planning, scheduling and evaluating preventative maintenance programs.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with associates.
- Monitors timeliness and quality of completion of repair work orders.
- Supervises Engineering and related areas in absence of the Director of Engineering.
- Assists in managing the physical plant including equipment, refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment, electrical and life safety systems.
- Ensures that regular on-going communication occurs with associates to create awareness of business objectives, communicate expectations and recognize performance.
- Recommends or arranges for additional services such as painting, repair work, renovations, and the replacement of furnishings and equipment.
- Selects and order or purchase new equipment, supplies, and furnishings.
- Supervises the day to day operations of Engineering and related departments.
Maintaining Property Standards
- Inspects and evaluates the physical condition of facilities to determine the type of work required.
- Maintains accurate logs and records as required.
- Operates generators and fire pumps as necessary.
- Provides emergency response services 24/7.
- Repairs equipment (e.g., refrigeration, laundry) as necessary.
- Ensures all associates have the proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Empowers associates to provide excellent customer service.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Participates in interviewing and hiring of team members with the appropriate skills.
- Uses all available on the job training tools to train new associates and provide follow-up training as necessary.
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
- Conducts a departmental orientation program for associates to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Ensures associates understand Company, Resort and Departmental expectations and parameters.
- Ensures associates are cross-trained to support successful daily operations.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with associates and ensures associates do the same with them.
- Schedules associates to business demands and tracks associate time and attendance.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to policy.
- Observes service behaviors of associates and provides feedback to individuals.
- Ensures associate recognition is taking place on all shifts.
- Solicits associate feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy, and reviews associate satisfaction results to identify and address associate problems or concerns.
- Participates in associate progressive discipline procedures.
- Reviews associate satisfaction results.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.