About JLL –
We’re JLL. We’re a professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. As a Fortune 500 company, we help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. We have nearly 300 corporate offices across 80 countries, with a team of more than 86,000 individuals.
If you’re looking to step up your career, JLL is the perfect professional home. With us, you’ll have a chance to innovate with the world’s leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game-changing real estate initiatives. You’ll also make long-lasting professional connections and be inspired by the best. We’re focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours. Achieve your ambitions—join us at JLL!
What this job involves
This team based position requires a desire for success in sales with new prospects and ability to handle complex conversations with owners, C-Suite, senior management and high level corporate real estate decision makers. Over time, the candidate will have an opportunity to be involved in all aspects of the evaluation, negotiation, and successful delivery of real estate services. A focus will be supporting the brokerage team by leveraging technology tools for business development and client service purposes by overseeing the integration of all JLL technology applications and tools for JLL clients and prospects, including but not limited to proprietary tools such as Aero, Broker Portal, Spider, BlackBird, Portfolio Analytics Tool (PAT) and certain resources of the Business Development Center. This position is staffed by someone who has had sufficient educational background and/or experience, typically a Bachelor's Degree with two years of experience. Advanced technology skills are not required, but general comfort, interest, and confidence with technology is important. Strong analytical skills, sales potential, creativity and effective communication skills required. Must have the ability to work in a team environment and work independently without distractions. Must be self-directed and have the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization. Ability to travel when needed. Partner directly with our senior Agency broker while learning the business.
- Participate in cold-calling program with the brokerage team.
- Convert call to meetings and new business wins.
- Participate in client meetings and new business presentations, as required.
- Participate in property tours, as required.
- Contact and meet regularly with other real estate professionals including developers, appraisers, landlords and brokers.
- Work with senior brokers to develop follow-up materials for clients (e.g., lease comparisons, market overviews, prospect or client presentations, coordinate information with other departments and brokers as needed).
- Provide clients with industry and market specific information as it relates to their business and maintain contact information on prospects.
- Work with senior brokers on new business proposals, prepare available property summary books and create new business presentations.
- Support innovation through technology.
- Maintain and update the Brokerage Team’s market research database and activities with JLL’s CRM system (Spider).
- Effectively utilize all internal JLL support groups and internal JLL databases to support business.
- Contribute to designated local market research requests: market snapshots, market overviews, quarterly market decks, topic specific research to support pitches and brokerage opportunities.
- Participate in Brokerage Team meetings and weekly sales meetings to update colleagues on leasing activity, market information, new business generating efforts, prospects and market knowledge and trends.
Sound like you? To apply you need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Understanding of real estate fundamentals
- Real Estate NY Salesperson’s License required
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, written and oral communication
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and ability to adapt and prioritize, meeting deadlines, in a fast-paced work environment
- Work independently and within a team to build relationships and interact effectively with business partners
- Superior analytical and computer skills and proficient with the Microsoft Office suite
- Have an interest in technology and how it is utilized by the real estate industry
- A desire to work within a diverse, collaborative, and driven professional environment:
- Positive, professional attitude
- Professionalism at all times
- Proactive and take initiative
- Maintain confidentiality, utilize judgment, and work with minimal supervision
What you can expect from us
We’re an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. We succeed together—across the desk and around the globe. We believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, well-being, benefits and pay. We’ll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
With us, you’ll develop your strengths and enjoy a career full of varied experiences. We can’t wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our URL blocked - click to apply.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy URL blocked - click to apply.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at URL blocked - click to apply. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our URL blocked - click to apply page > I want to work for JLL.