To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hilton Head Island, SC
- Hargray Communications Group, Inc.
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Accounts Payable, Accounting Assistant
Hargray Communications Group, Inc. • Hilton Head Island, SC
Posted 1 month ago
General Description of Position:
Applies principles of accounting to prepare journal entries, accrual entries, adjusting entries, reclasses, balance sheet reconciliations, vendor statement reconciliation and collections calls.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Images, indexes and routes invoices for approval and payment.
- Maintains cost trackers to organize data in high volume expense line items.
- Assists expense team with month end accruals for many items like purchasing card, bank card, and Accounts Payable cutoff accruals.
- Reconciles vendor statements and answers collections call.
- Maintains current knowledge of sound accounting procedures and utilizes Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Requires discretion regarding sensitive company information.
- Ability to communicate effectively with managers, directors and senior management.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with little direction and great detail for accuracy within tight deadlines.
- Must have the ability to work independently as well as with others, have strong problem-solving and communication skills.
- Available to work overtime as needed.
Additional Qualifications Desired:
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel skills required.
- 3 or more years of experience preferred.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work with different types of people.