DCP Midstream is a Fortune 500 natural gas company dedicated to meeting the energy and consumer needs of our society. With a focus on technology and innovation, we safely and reliably operate a strong and diversified portfolio of logistics, marketing, gathering, and processing assets across nine states.
Benefits & Additional Compensation
DCP builds connections to enable better lives and is dedicated to supporting our employees with opportunities for internal mobility, continual growth, and ongoing training. We believe all employees contribute to the success of the company and should be able to share in that success, which is why all jobs are eligible for the short-term incentive program with any payouts being subject to individual and company performance. Depending on the position and level, some jobs are also eligible to participate in the long-term incentive programs with any payouts also being subject to performances. We offer a comprehensive benefit program that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life, a competitive 401(k) match, a retirement contribution, and several other unique benefits offerings. We make health and wellness a priority and offer a generous paid time off policy including parental leave, sick time, and vacationtime.
ICC Operations Systems Optimizer primary function is to develop, oversee and coordinate the %26lsquo;Day Ahead Planning%26rsquo; (DAP) and management of exceptions process for regional operational super systems in a way that maximizes overall value/profitability for DCP. Interface with operations teams, commercial teams (gas scheduling), marketing, logistics, finance, risk management, reliability and maintenance teams to understand and internalize system constraints in these processes and evaluate risk assessments.
The ICC Operations Systems Optimizer will work with the appropriate operational organization and support groups to align on the weekly systems & plant loading forecast to minimize impacts of deviations. Similarly, if other factors such as market conditions necessitate a change in the plan, this function will validate the plan changes maximize value to DCP and directs the alternative scenarios for loading plants and moving gas flow around. This function is responsible for ensuring that any plan changes are effectively communicated.
What you will be responsible for
- Develop %26lsquo;Day Ahead Plan%26rsquo; (DAP) for maximizing value of the Business Unit Asset including plant loadings, residue and NGL forecasts
- Manage pipeline imbalances, monitor and resolve pipeline volume discrepancies
- Schedule and confirm nominations on third party pipelines
- Collaborate with marketing, commercial, operations, and ICC team (coordinators, gas control, operators) to reroute gas to facilities to maximize daily throughput of the asset during upset conditions
- Track and interpret pipeline curtailments and operational issues using pipeline electronic bulletin boards (EBBs)
- Develop the First of Month (FOM) setup process for an asset based on curtailed volumes (maintenance, facility limitations/outages, pipeline restrictions/maintenance) and new gas volumes put on the system by producers.
- Manage close out process for each month with accounting to ensure accuracy of scheduling process
- Monitors weekly forecast accuracy and KPI%26rsquo;s for impact to daily nomination process
- Key user for the super systems model for optimizing gas flows in the asset
- Communicate with external counterparties like Producers and Pipeline Companies to relay issues of impact and provide timely updates to build and maintain strong business relationships.
- This position requires working before/after regular office hours including some/or holidays and weekends.
- Is capable of scheduling multiple desks and effectively trains new optimizers.
- Evaluate pipeline T&F%26rsquo;s for optimization and find new markets to sell natural gas.
- BA/BS degree in a business, logistics, technical discipline or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of natural gas scheduling experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the Energy/Midstream, Petrochemicals, or ISO regulated industry
- Strong analytical, organizational, decision making, written and verbal communication and presentation skills to working levels as well as executive levels
- Experience working with technical and/or operations teams.
- Familiar with technical terms commonly used in process industries (Chemicals, Petrochemicals, Oil & Gas, Refining etc.)
- Computer skills/ability to work with various software packages.
- High competency in Excel, Microsoft Office and PowerPoint
- Is able to plan and prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- Is able to gain the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity
- Strong interpersonal skills for effective relationship management with business partners
This job primarily operates in a professional office environment and routinely requires the use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, etc. Noise level is typically low. Frequently in a stationary, sitting position for prolonged periods of time. Regularly moves about inside the office to complete tasks, attend meetings or to access the copy machine or file cabinets. Periodically pulls/pushes doors open to move around the office. Occasionally may lift and carry objects up to 20 pounds. Occasional travel may be required. Salary Range
The salary range for this job is %2480,300-%24132,500
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status.
Hardworking And Dedicated