The following Career Opportunity is currently available within Chesapeake Utilities Corporation.
Position: Line Locator I
Location: Salisbury, MD
Responsible for exhibiting Chesapeake Utilities Corporation’s Mission, Vision and Values, regarding external customers, agencies, vendors, internal departments and co-workers.
This position will be responsible for knowing and understanding laws regulating One Call System and Company policies and procedures regarding location of gas distribution lines. Accurate and timely location of CUC facilities. Creates and / or maintains a positive rapport with contractors, excavators, customers and location requesters. Has knowledge and understanding of customer’s needs, concerns and expectations. Performs work duties and tasks to meet customer expectations. Is knowledgeable of, supports, promotes and participates in the Company Choice Program.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Perform line location requests, including ticket review and prioritization.
- Perform timely and accurate locates, including callbacks, positive ticket check and / or faxing documents back to location requesters.
- Contact and cooperate with employees in other departments and outside contractors to obtain necessary information to complete locate requests and insure construction near pipeline meets Company policies and procedures.
- Files and maintains records of locates.
- Attend one-call system meeting as directed.
- General knowledge of State and Company damage prevention regulations.
- General knowledge of Basic Utility Construction Standards
- General knowledge of area maps, blue prints, computer mapping database and other location information along with Electronic locating equipment to locate gas lines; update record field findings.
- General knowledge of natural gas locations and communicate other relevant information to excavation personnel or other appropriate authorities; attend coordination meeting at project sites to discuss and plan any further or complex excavation work.
Requires……a total commitment to Chesapeake Utilities Corporation’s Mission, Vision and Values and:
- Ability to complete company’s locator training program, and pass applicable written and field tests.
- Ability to establish general knowledge with computer skills (ticket management and ticket check) to receive, document and close out excavation notices, both during normal hours and after hours.
- Ability to receive and respond to excavation notices during normal and after hours in accordance with established time requirements.
- Ability to perform work duties with various types of equipment used for locating (RD, Metro tech, pipe horn, electronic potential meter etc); to locate and mark underground facilities within prescribed accuracy limits.
- Ability in performing trouble shooting skills for \u0022Untoneable\u0022 locates.
- Ability to report and document any trouble or \u0022Untoneable locates\u0022.
- Ability to develop general knowledge with electronic system maps.
Chesapeake Utilities Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants with a disability that need assistance applying for a position may email [ Email address blocked ] or Ruth Warner, Director, Human Resources Operations at [ Email address blocked ] .