We look forward to your application! When applying, please be sure to put your Full Legal First Name and Last Name for legal and processing purposes.
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your ambition and your people skills into a rewarding career with an industry leader? Join our team at American Tire Distributors! As the nation's premier tire distributor, ATD’s coast-to-coast distribution network provides approximately 80,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada with rapid and frequent delivery of high quality tires, custom wheels and shop supplies.
The primary responsibility of the Customer Service Representative is to solicit new business and service existing customers via telephone sales, responsible for customer problem resolution, CSR's must maintain a thorough knowledge of products, policies and merchandising information to efficiently serve customers, also research, plan and implement sales, customer retention and new business development. Must provide consultation service to customers by answering, handling and resolving customer questions, requests, issues, complaints, etc. for an assigned market, and champion corporate image and reputation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Process orders and returns for ATD customers
- Assist customers with order tracking and product availability
- Provide consultation service to customers by answering, handling and resolving customer questions, requests, issues, complaints, etc.
- Communicate customer issues and feedback to appropriate individuals using established communication channels
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of products (new and existing), policies and merchandising information to efficiently serve customers
- Champion corporate image and reputation and protect and develop the Company brand by providing customers with product, program and system knowledge
- Maintain customer information to assure proper customer records.
- Notify the appropriate teams to correct missing data and/or improper system operation.
- Document customer contacts as appropriate.
- Maintain customer centric focus and drive customer satisfaction.
- Other duties as assigned
- Provide consultative selling of tires, wheels and associated products to customers
- Communicate with customers in a professional manner on the phone, via web chat/text and email
- Champion corporate image and reputation and protect and develop the Company brand by providing customers with superior product knowledge.
- Meet established goals for productivity and efficiency
- Maximize time management for availability to customers.
- Provide excellent quality service as defined by our Quality Assurance program.Help recruit, hire and train the Customer Service Representatives according to company policy and procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: High School Dipolma or GED
- Experience: Prior work experience sufficient to work under general supervision
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the company, in its discretion, may find appropriate and acceptable
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Travel Requirements:
- Must be a strategic and innovative thinker, to be able to identify and act on ideas which further the company’s strategic goals and business plan.
- Identify and address root causes when solving problems. Work collaboratively with other departments and functional teams to coordinate effective solutions.
- Communicate effectively across teams, functions and departments, communicate clearly and concisely and adjust communication style to improve performance.
- Handle all business matters ethically and in full compliance with American Tire Distributors “Code of Conduct”, assume full responsibility for the consequences of one’s behaviors, decisions and results.
- Be Accountable for Results: Assume full responsibility for the consequences of one’s behaviors, decisions and results.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear, taste and/or smell; the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities
required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Travel required: 5% of the time, travel throughout the U.S. and may require overnight stays.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. Nothing in this job description creates a contract of employment in any way for any person. All employees hired by American Tire Distributors, Inc. are employees at will and the company reserves the right to terminate employees at any time for any reason or no reason at all.
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!
American Tire Distributors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace
Job ID: R17277-38
- Business Development
- Conflict Management
- Consultative Selling
- Customer Satisfaction