To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chesapeake, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
VP, Business Development-PSSBU
Chenega Corporation • Chesapeake, VA
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
CHENEGA PROFESSIONAL SERVICES STRATEGIC BUSINESS UNIT
Company Job Title:
Vice President, Business Development
Chenega Job Title:VP, Business Devel Clearance:
Chesapeake, VA or Washington, DC Metro Area
Exempt, Full Time, Regular, Salaried
Approved Date:02-07-2019 Summary:
Professional Services SBU is seeking a Vice President, Business Development to support our rapidly growing business unit. Our business unit supports multiple subsidiaries of the Chenega Corporation. Each subsidiary has numerous contracts with various federal agencies. The Vice President, Business Development will drive organizational and revenue growth through new contract acquisition, strategic partnerships, and expansion of services to our existing clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define target markets, identify and qualify new business opportunities
- Leads the Capture Management strategy and execution to further qualify and pursue new business opportunities.
- Lead large strategic bids including development of technical solutions and win strategies.
- Effectively and efficiently drives capture pursuits through gate, pricing, teaming, and capture reviews; leads and documents lessons learned.
- Present the opportunity's status at required gate reviews and obtain approvals as required to progress the opportunity through its lifecycle.
- Collaborate with PS SBU leadership to establish and mature long-range fiscal and capture planning and forecasting processes as well as conduct in-depth analysis in support of business and prospect capture decisions as required.
- Champions organizational growth through an entrepreneurial spirit and executing strategic initiatives that directly impacts the business development group.
- Collaborate with PS SBU team members, operational leadership, and SMEs to build and execute call plans to position for successful pursuits.
- Provide leadership and directional support in the areas of capture and proposal management to include guiding team to develop long-term and short-term plans.
- Identify and build teaming partnerships to expand business development opportunities.
- Establish consultative and trusting relationships with customers to add to existing business and contracts. Align with customers to get information, assess needs, and resolve issues and concerns.
- Organize and lead cross-divisional work group in developing creative solutions to address problems.
- Gather competitive pricing intelligence and conduct trend analysis/forecasting to create winning price strategies.
- Identify and define customer requirements to shape winning proposal strategies.
- Drives development and completion of critical bid artifacts required for proposal development; ensures integrity of win strategy through supporting role in color reviews; supports assigned Proposal Manager by assisting with development of compliant and compelling bids.
- Assumes accountability for advancing and maturing opportunities toward high win probability.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or technical discipline required. A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in a Business Development management role within a federal contracting environment. Prior experience with civilian agencies preferred. Significant experience with information technology services strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exhibits a hands-on leadership approach through modeling behavior reflective of the organizational mission, fostering an “all hands-on deck” team approach, and through clear and direct communication.
- Extensive knowledge, experience, and success in the entire capture process are required and solid experience in developing service solutions under all contract types (e.g., FFP, T&M, cost plus) as well as non-IDIQ and IDIQ single or multiple award contracts is expected.
- Ability to collaborate and build win-win partnerships externally with customers and within a firm/corporation, with a focus on understanding how to create competitive discriminators in a highly cost-competitive environment.
- Ability to influence constructively and interact at the highest levels of the corporate structure.
- Superb writing skills; demonstrated success and ability in making significant writing contributions to proposals.
- Proven ability to successfully build and work within high performance teams in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Proven ability to proactively identify and capture opportunities, conduct competitive intelligence, and research other critical information relative to RFPs and ancillary solicitations.
- Demonstrated use of independent judgment to determine strategic guidelines, purpose, follow-through and completion in support of identified opportunity captures.
- Ability to travel 25-30% of the time as business dictates.
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.M#