Grow your career with AHRC!
- We are a Mission Driven organization, advancing Social Justice issues for people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities and their families
- We offer Excellent Professional Development and Opportunities for Advancement
- Excellent Health Insurance
- Caring Community
AHRC NYC’s Residential Services Programs provide person-centered supports to create a high level quality of life for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We provide a home and serve as a base for people to build a terrific life. Every day, 365 days a year, we assist people in pursuing their dreams, their independence and personal growth with the assistance of professional staff using a number of value-based approaches. Located throughout the five boroughs of NYC, we support hundreds of people in accessing and becoming a part of their community.
We are currently seeking Residence Managers and the ideal candidates for this position will share our values. We encourage you to read about our history at www.ahrcnyc.org/about/career/. Ideally, a Managerial candidate will have prior experience supporting people with I/DD as well as leadership and team-building experience.
- Responsible for the overall performance and operation of the residence.
- Communicating with all team members, while providing clear and concise direction.
- Collaborates within the Interdisciplinary Team to ensure that quality supports and services are provided for each person.
- Ability to train, teach and learn from the people we support and the people in their life, including staff, family, other service providers, etc.
- Ensures compliance and quality assurance with all State and Federal regulations, and AHRC NYC policies.
- Provides oversight, feedback and supervision of all direct support staff assigned to the residence.
- Honesty, integrity, creativity, the ability to lead, teach and supervise, excellent communication skills, patience, the ability to multitask and reprioritize work as situations demand.
- Experience working with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities or similar human service fields.
- Excellent leadership skills & supervisory experience in residential setting.
- AA or BA Highly Preferred.
- Knowledge of OPWDD regulations.
- Valid NYS driver's license.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary Range: $39,450.00 - $50,000.00
AHRC NYC is an equal opportunity employer
Licensed Master Social Worker