Kforce has a client in search of an Accounting Assistant in Richmond, Indiana (IN).
The main function of an accounting assistant is to compute, classify, and record numerical data to keep financial records complete. A typical accounting assistant is responsible for a wide range of technology and can work in areas closely related to computers.
- Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or computers
- Calculate, prepare, and issue bills, invoices, account statements, and other financial statements according to established procedures
- Debit, credit, and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software
- High School diploma or GED required
- Associate's degree in Accounting or related Financial discipline preferred
- 0-2 years of financial and/or accounting experience required
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and critical thinking
- Ability to work independently and manage one's time
- Knowledge of federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations as related to accounting
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and any other related accounting software
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Preparing Accounts Payable
Clerical Accounting Work