Arkema has established itself as France’s leading chemical producer and a world leader in specialty chemicals and advanced materials. With annual sales of €8.8 billion and 20,000 people employed in some 55 countries, the Group pursues ambitious recruitment objectives both in France and around the world. Arkema offers diverse employment opportunities in 200 job functions and professions in four major fields: industrial, R&D, business, and support functions.
Reaching far beyond your discoveries!
Regarded as one of the world’s leading innovators, Arkema has made research one of the pillars of its strategy. For example by discovering new solutions to help reduce the weight of materials, hence cut down consumption. By developing innovative thermal insulation systems that can optimize the energy performance of buildings. Or by seeking new applications for its biosourced products at the service of greater sustainable development.
Innovative and durable solutions
Our high performance products have applications in wide-ranging areas, from new generation car batteries or telephones to recyclable wind turbine blades, from adhesives for the protective backsheets of solar panels to drinking water filtration systems, from running shoes and acrylic resins with no solvent and no volatile organic compound for 3D printing to molecular sieves for portable oxygen devices used by people suffering from respiratory failure… Joining Arkema means being part of a Group enjoying sustained growth that in little more than a decade has built up an exemplary achievement record, setting high ambitions for itself and for its employees. All our job opportunities are open to people with disabilities at equal merit or with equal skill levels.
SITUATION IN ORGANIZATION:
Reports to the Reliability Engineering and Projects Manager.
The Turnaround and Project Planner will interface with the appropriate maintenance and manufacturing resources [SAP, SharePoint (equipment files/drawings etc.), engineering, operations, HES, vendor recommendations, etc.] to resolve, improve, plan and implement maintenance activities in a safe, responsible, and environmentally sound manner which is in compliance with all Arkema policies and regulatory requirements. The Turnaround and Project Planner will provide planning, procurement, and Job execution leadership for all jobs associated with general maintenance, turnaround work, project execution, and all mechanical integrity work. Responsible for ensuring that all AIMS HESQ policies & practices (ISO-9001, ISO-45001 & RCMS) are followed by all operations personnel. This includes compliance with OSHA 1910, environmental regulations and permits, quality systems, and safe work permit practices.
KEY ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Major responsibilities for the Turnaround and Project Planner include but are not limited to the following:
HESQ responsibilities include but are not restricted to the following
- Participates in plant safety processes and programs.
- Communicates and enforces plant safety standards with visitor contract resources.
- Capture appropriate HES protocols and steps in overall job plans.
Job Scope Definition: 20%
- Review and validate clarity of work requests.
- Produce cost estimates as required. Requesting quotes from both labor and material vendors.
- Validate scope of work with lead stakeholders – e.g. MI inspectors, project managers, engineers, maintenance resources (I&E/Mechanics), etc.
- Define scope of work documentation for contract services’ bidding process and lead bid meetings.
- Build archived plans in SAP that are accurate and meet the loading factors for specific projects.
- Initiate the interface between maintenance, vendor resources and other business areas to develop an integrated plan.
- Utilize planner complexity guidelines to determine the extent of detailed planning required.
- Identify material needs, develop BOMs, material requests, material masters and archived job plans in conjunction the warehouse personnel.
- Lead project/turnaround planning meetings for gain alignment from plant customers & stakeholders.
- Test the plan to ensure alignment with original turnaround project objectives.
- Produce the job packages as defined by turnaround project guidelines.
- Document major changes in job scope and deviations from the plans.
- Develop standard plans and maintain archived plans for future use. Reconcile plan to actual charges at turnaround project closure.
- Responsible for planning related KPI measures.
- Coordinate and be responsible for managing lift plans.
- Serves as a back-up plant scheduler, responsible to support scheduling activities and use of scheduling tools, as needed.
- Act as on site foreman/lead for all contract services that do not provide direct site supervision.
- Initiate procurement and track status of materials and contract services, as well as participate is closing purchase orders as needed.
- Initiate the review of plan performance for continuous improvement of the planning process.
- Act as primary focal point for identifying execution plans for all project work.
- Provide scope and definition plans for all projects and TA’s. Compile summary scope documents, support scheduling activities for the Houston site.
- Coordinate pre-plan of T/A material staging w/ stores clerk/manager.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT:
This position is located at the Houston plant and works in a fast-paced environment. Annual turnaround strategy has been implemented along with an aggressive capital plan to dramatically improve site reliability and production capability. Supports the site HES policy and complies with all regulatory and internal requirements. Participates in HES activities provided by site management and Arkema Inc. (e.g., Behavioral Base Safety, SafeStart, etc.) Supports and promotes the reporting of all health, safety, environmental, near-miss, accident or injury incidents
REQUIRED EDUCATION/QUALIFICATIONS/WORK EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma.
- Minimum 15 years of maintenance and/or project experience in a multi-discipline working environment, or a combination of experience and applicable formal education.
- Strong computer related skills, efficient electronic documentation, and organizational skills.
- Awareness of live plant work constraints.
- Knowledge of planning process, procedures and tools.
- Fluent working knowledge of SAP or other computerized planning systems and software.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, P6 and SharePoint.
- Understanding of and stewards all the key processes that support project and turnaround execution.
- Ability to understand and react with diverse groups and operations.
- Problem solving abilities.
- Credibility to set high standards and promote continuous improvement for the corporation.
- Structured, organized and methodical detail orientated.
- Planning, scheduling and purchasing aptitude - the ability to optimize work and break it down into logical detailed steps, organize summary documents for vendor quotations and facilitate bidding process.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Adaptability and initiative to manage, and prioritize work related to project and turnaround execution.
- Ability to work under pressure in an environment which expects the highest levels of customer services, confidentiality and ethical behavior.
- Teamwork skills and behaviors, which support team based behaviors.
This position is accountable for following all applicable Company policies and regulatory requirements. As well as providing direct support for all capital related work through scope development activities.
A designer of materials and innovative solutions, Arkema shapes materials and creates new uses that accelerate customer performance. Our balanced business portfolio spans high-performance materials, industrial specialties and coating solutions. Our globally recognized brands are ranked among the leaders in the markets we serve. Reporting annual sales of €8.8 billion ($10.4 billion USD) in 2018, we employ approximately 20,000 people worldwide and operate in close to 55 countries. We are committed to active engagement with all our stakeholders. Our research centers in North America, France and Asia concentrate on advances in bio-based products, new energies, water management, electronic solutions, lightweight materials and design, home efficiency and insulation.
Arkema Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arkema Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence.
Compliance, Chemical Research, Testing, Sharepoint, Developer, Legal, Engineering, Technology
- Attention To Detail
- Business Process Improvement