You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Under the direction of the health care provider, the medical assistant is responsible for the delivery of patient care that promotes the safety and well being of all patients. The medical assistant is responsible for patient care through the ‘nursing’ process of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation, and evaluation. The medical assistant collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure the delivery of effective patient care and the achievement of desired patient outcomes. Duties may vary with location, specialty and size of practice.
- Greets and prepares patient for the health care provider by following established standards and procedures.
- Obtains and records vital signs including but not limited to: height, weight, blood pressure temperature, pulse, respiration, drug allergies, current medications and reason for visit.
- Documents in the patient medical record as appropriate and according to clinic guidelines and as directed by healthcare provider.
- Communicates with patients as appropriate and as directed by healthcare provider.
- Ensures patient safety and protection of patient privacy and rights.
- Escalates non-routine issues, questions and/or concerns to the practice manager and/or healthcare provider.
- Schedules patients for diagnostic testing and ensure testing has been completed according to clinic guidelines.
- Prepares, cleans and sterilizes instruments and maintains equipment, disposing of contaminated items according to protocol.
- Keeps patient exam rooms clean, stocked and orderly.
- Ensures safety checklists and quality controls are completed according to clinic and regulatory guidelines.
- May be required to draw and collect blood and other patient samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
- May be required to administer ordered medications and/or vaccines via oral, injection, topical, rectal, ophthalmic and/or by inhalation.
- May be required to perform routine tests and/or screenings such as EKG, eye exam, retinal screening, SUDO, ABI, AWV, etc. as ordered by the healthcare provider.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Completion from an accredited medical assisting program.
- Current CPR certification.
- 1 year experience in healthcare preferred.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong work ethic and high level of professionalism.
- Proficient in basic computer skills to include typing.
- Basic knowledge of clinical procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Team player who can multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions as listed above.
- Thorough knowledge of the meaning and use of medical terminology and abbreviation.
- Sound judgement and composure with the ability to take appropriate action in questionable and/or emergent situations.
- Maintains a positive and caring attitude towards patients and their families.
Healthcare Associates of Texas is committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, as well as to all laws related to terms and conditions of employment.
- Clinical Works
- Customer Service
- Drug Allergy
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: g35subb
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.