Regional Operations Manager
Are you looking to build your career with an exciting industry? Are you looking to become a part of a growing world class organization? Come see why so many of our team members recommend us to their friends!
Who are we?
Target Specialty Products is proud to be a leading national wholesale distributor of specialty agricultural chemicals, application equipment, products, supplies, services and education. We serve the entire United States from 42 conveniently located branch locations in the U.S. and Canada and provide products and services throughout multiple industries, in both the private and public sector.Responsibilities
What do our Regional Operations Managers do?
Regional Operations Managers are responsible for training, leading and developing managers at 6-8 regional warehouses within a territory. They help achieve sales and revenue goals, client loyalty and retention, as well as ensure the team is providing exceptional service to our clients. They are a leadership role for the Target Specialty Products division that will be responsible for the overall direction of operations for a combined portfolio of Service Centers across the states of Michigan, Ohio and Indiana. This includes our Pest, Turf & Ornament and Vector control businesses. He/she will have primary responsibility for providing strategic direction and consistent execution of the operational, inventory and people related initiatives across the assigned region.
Specifically, the Regional Operations Manager will be accountable for providing overall leadership and execution in the following areas:
- Customer Satisfaction - Ensures customer satisfaction standards are maintained.
- Operational Goals & Targets - Achieve revenue maximization, budget, customer/account retention and people retention targets.
- Partnership - Actively collaborate with company leaders across Sales, Technical Training, HR, Customer Service, and Finance to ensure strategy execution and compliance.
- People - Conduct frequent site visits to our assigned locations and provide direction to onsite operational teams and recommendations as a means of providing professional development and improving the business.
- Safety - Embody and drive our Safety Culture.
What do you need?
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Ability to travel 60-75%
- Minimum of seven to ten years of relevant operations experience within a customer focused, people driven industry.
- The highest level of integrity and a strong sense of personal accountability for business performance and for accomplishing the goals of the organization.
- Proven track record in developing people and operating in a matrix environment
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to learn
- Ability to obtain and maintain licenses/certificates as required by federal, state and local regulations
- Must pass pre-employment background screen and drug test
- Must possess a valid driver's license and pass motor vehicle record search
Why Choose Target Specialty Products?
A career with Target is exactly that - a professional trajectory filled with opportunity. We pride ourselves on being a world class team that rewards high performance. We offer competitive pay on a bi-weekly pay schedule and many of our roles offer incentives based on performance and providing exceptional customer experience.
Below you'll find information about some of what Target Specialty Products has to offer. All Full-Time Colleagues qualify for the following and Part-Time Colleagues qualify for most benefits when they meet certain criteria.
- Professional and Personal Growth:
- Robust Paid Training & Professional Development Path
- Opportunity to grow - We love to promote from within!
- Fantastic Tuition Reimbursement benefits & Scholarship Programs (for FT Colleagues)
- Excellent Health benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Access to Flexible Spending Accounts for Health-care or Dependent Care Expenses
- Outstanding Company-Paid Short Term Disability
- Access to Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance Program that offers services such as free counseling services, will preparation, discounts to health clubs, and other benefits
- Company-paid sick time
- Savings & Retirement:
- 401(k) retirement plan with highly-competitive company-matching contributions
- Holiday Savings Club option with company-matching funds
- Employee Discounts (includes many offerings, including cellular/mobile service, health clubs, and more)
- Work-Life Balance:
- Vacation Days & sick days
- Company-Paid Holidays & Floating Holidays
We are looking for individuals who want to make a difference where our customers live and work. Is that you?
Target Specialty Products is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to equality in every aspect of employment. As we expand, we are focused on building a foundation of diverse talent and equality in all areas of our workforce. All qualified applicants receive equal consideration, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Link to Federal employment poster:
- English Version - Revised November 2009
- Spanish Version - Revised November 2009
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
- English (Formatted)
- English (Unformatted)
Training And Development
Attention To Detail