HF Sinclair in Artesia, NM is seeking a Process Engineer. Depending on the candidate's experience, this role will conduct engineering assignments for the Engineering Department and functions as a technical specialist, formulating and developing moderately complex engineering concepts.
- Uses common engineering concepts in a particular field to perform projects, and assignments for the engineering department with direct supervision and exercises judgment in the independent evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria
- Estimates the cost and feasibility of a given project, supervises contractors and field activities and provides discipline specific engineering assistance, direction and development assistance to colleagues depending on assignment
- Resolves a variety of complex problems, (i.e. conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, difficult coordination requirements), and solves technical problems related to projects, troubleshoots and updates report data for business unit(s) depending on assignment
May be required to do some or all of the following:
- Design chemical plant equipment and devise processes for manufacturing chemicals and products
- Conduct research to develop new and improved chemical manufacturing processes
- Design and plan layout for chemical processes on a commercial scale
- Determine most effective arrangement of operations, such as mixing, crushing, heat transfer distillation, oxidation, hydrogenation, and polymerization
- Implement processing methods and controls to meet quality standards in the most cost efficient manner
- Investigate and resolve work-in-process problems
- Recommend and implement improvements and/or modification in sequence of operations, equipment utilization, and related matters
- Review proposals of outside vendors regarding the purchase of new or modernization of existing processing equipment
- Review plans and prepare or review technical specifications, contract documents and estimates
- Work on design/engineer projects
- Procure equipment/material
- Track schedule and costs
- Upgrade, design, configure, maintain and monitor related equipment and performance
- Analyze related components and systems, processes and methods, and refinery processes and economics
- Develop project scopes, budgets and AFEÃ¢ÂÂs for approval and ensure projects meet budget as well as refinery and OSHA standards
- Optimize business unit(s) and analyze data to aid operations with decisions, ensuring maintenance and integrity of business unit(s) data
- Review outside vendors proposals regarding purchase of new, or modernization of existing, processing equipment
- Improve profitability of the refinery
- Design and build plant additions and modifications
- Act as a liaison between the company and county and state agencies
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretionExperience
A minimum of 0- 2 years of work experience in engineering discipline. The career level will be determined based on the candidate's knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Registration as a Professional Engineer preferred. Refinery or Petrochemical industry experience preferred. FCC, CCR, Alky, Sulfur unit, Delayed Coking, Lubes Processing and hydrotreating experience is preferred for Chemical discipline.
A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering is required.
Intermediate knowledge of commonly used engineering concepts and ability to apply this knowledge analytically. Ability to coordinate all phases of a project
PREFERRED SKILLS:Supervisory/Managerial Responsibility
Working knowledge of Microsoft products and experience with engineering software is preferred.
May be responsible for supervising contractors depending on assignment. Work Conditions
Office and plant based with up to 10% travel required. Subject to varying weather conditions and required to work in all temperatures, including outdoors.Our One HF Sinclair Culture:
At HF Sinclair, we are united through our One HF Sinclair Culture, which is underpinned by our five core values of Safety, Integrity, Teamwork, Ownership and Inclusion. Developed to empower our people, our five core cultural values are at the heart of everything we do and extend to how we engage our stakeholders. These values influence our decisions, shape our behaviors and keep us connected across the entire organization.
We maintain a true Safety culture for our employees, communities, environments and customers. Our goal is to make sure everyone returns home safely each day. We have a long-standing commitment to Integrity and ethical behavior and do what is right for our employees, investors, communities and the environment. We encourage employees to Step Up and Stand Out by championing a culture of Teamwork and Ownership. We foster a culture of Inclusion by encouraging diversity of experiences, viewpoints and backgrounds. What makes each of us different, together makes us stronger.About HF Sinclair Corporation
HF Sinclair Corporation ('HF Sinclair'), headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is an independent energy company that produces and markets high value light products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel, renewable diesel and other specialty products. HF Sinclair owns and operates refineries located in Kansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Wyoming, Washington and Utah and markets its refined products in 19 states principally in the Southwest U.S., the Rocky Mountains extending into the Pacific Northwest and in other neighboring Plains states. HF Sinclair supplies high quality fuels to more than 1,300 Sinclair branded stations and licenses the use of the Sinclair brand at more than 300 additional locations throughout the country. In addition, subsidiaries of HF Sinclair produce and market base oils and other specialized lubricants in the U.S., Canada and the Netherlands, and export products to more than 80 countries. Through its subsidiaries, HF Sinclair produces renewable diesel at two of its facilities in Wyoming. HF Sinclair also owns a 47% limited partner interest and a non-economic general partner interest in Holly Energy Partners, L.P., a master limited partnership that provides petroleum product and crude oil transportation, terminalling, storage and throughput services to the petroleum industry, including HF Sinclair subsidiaries.Equal Opportunity Employer
HF Sinclair Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.
- Chemical Process
- Data Analysis
- Development Aid
- Financial Management