To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cambridge, MA 02114
- Tom Smith
- Phone: 6178242665
- Phone:: 001 617 428 3793
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Manager of Accounting - Life Sciences - Cambridge, MA
Michael Page • Cambridge, MA
Posted 2 months ago
Biotech/ phama company seeks Senior Manager of Accounting to be based at their headquarters in Cambridge, MA.
My client was founded in the early 2000's and is now listed on the NYSE. Today, they have grown into a business of over 500 people and are based in Cambridge, MA.
Reporting directly into the Financial Controller, this role sits within the wider Financial Reporting team. As a team leader you will be responsible for managing the Company's close process including account reconciliations, journal entry reviews and variance analyses while ensuring policies and procedures are followed to comply with the requirements of Sarbanes Oxley. Additional main duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Manage the month-end and quarter-end processes
- Grow, develop and manage a team of high caliber accountants
- Assist in the development of departmental initiatives and goals and the strategies to achieve those initiatives and goals
- Present to C-suite along with a wider stakeholder engagement piece
- Collaborate with other finance teams to support department initiatives
- Liaise with auditors (annual audit, SEC filings, Soc 404 audits)
- Establish and maintain strong business partnerships with key counterparts including, FP&A, Procurement, and functional business owners
- Ad hoc accounting related projects
This is a senior level role with huge exposure to C-Cuite, long term opportunity to grow and a long term career trajectory. Apply today and your resume will be considered within 48 hours.
- Bachelor's degree
- CPA essential
- Minimum 6+ years of experience in public accounting, or blend of public accounting and industry/public company experience
- Pharma/ Biotech experience is ideal
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, complex accounting issues and technical accounting abilities.
- Base salary between $ 160,000 and $ 190,000
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Daily on-site catered lunches
- Company-provided iPhone
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass
- Competitive healthcare package
- Flexible Spending Account
- Excellent parental leave package
- Competitive 401K plan with 50% match on first 6% deferred.
- Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- 15 days PTO + 7 days sick
- 11 paid company holidays.