Rent., a Redfin company, is the leading technology company in the property rental industry. Our proprietary AI platform offers robust products and services that simplify our clients' entire leasing lifecycle, whether building a property’s brand, attracting and converting new renter leads, or nurturing current residents for renewals.
Our mission is to find everyone a place to call home. Period.
We are looking for a Regional Sales Director to lead the Northeast Region.
Rent., a Redfin company, is the leading technology company in the property rental industry. We empower over one hundred million prospects annually nationwide to find apartments and houses for rent with our three major brands: Rent.com, ApartmentGuide.com, and Rentals.com. We connect the right renters, with the right properties, at the right time.
Rent's robust, proprietary AI platform powers a full suite of best-in-class digital marketing solutions across our flagship listing sites, search, social, email marketing, reputation management, virtual leasing office, and more. We simplify our clients' entire leasing lifecycle, whether building a property’s brand, attracting and converting qualified renters, or nurturing current residents for renewals. The renters' search experience is made easy, driving occupancies and efficiencies for property managers and owners.
At Rent., we simplify the rental journey through an engaging user experience and data-driven innovations. Our mission is to find everyone a place to call home.
The Regional Sales Director (RSD) leads sales, strategy, and execution of a layered regional sales team while maximizing key internal and external relationships. This high-level role reports directly to the Vice President of Solution Sales.
The Regional Sales Director:
- is responsible for the region’s overall sales performance, client growth, and retention
- hires, trains and manages District Sales Managers (DSM) to drive a performance culture and optimal sales performance for their team(s) that lead to consistent growth across all districts and sellers in a highly competitive market.
- develops and executes the region’s tactical go-to-market strategy to drive quarterly and annual revenue growth and client retention.
- is responsible for deploying their sales team through the region, which will be executed through leading and developing District Sales Managers (directly) and Sales and Senior Sales Executives (indirectly) to achieve optimal revenue growth and validate sales performance.
- develops and maintains key internal stakeholder relationships with national sales, regional solution specialists, and corporate department heads, such as Sales Operations, Marketing, Human Resources, Product Development, Billing, Customer Service, etc.
- builds, manages and maintains key external relationships with management company leadership, key clients, industry and association leaders.
- understands how strategic decisions across Rent impact both Sales and functions outside of sales, working together to address when problem-solving and strategizing.
- sets high standards, defines clear and actionable priorities, actively supports and leads change initiatives within Rent and their broader team.
How the Regional Sales Director Delivers Success:
- Consistent achievement of the region's revenue objectives and sales targets.
- Success of direct reports and indirect reports who consistently meet or exceed their sales objectives with your proactive coaching and feedback.
- Deliver targeted coaching, training, and development to direct reports supporting their knowledge, skills, and abilities to achieve selling objectives.
- Talent decisions are consistent, appropriate, proactive, and decisive.
- The region has a defined and informed strategy in consideration of the competitive and customer landscape.
- Takes the lead as “first position” with the majority of the region’s key customers.
- Effectively uses data to drive analysis and support the development of territory, district, and regional strategies
Attributes of a Successful Candidate:
- Is a leader who is energized in hiring, managing, leading, coaching, and training to maximum success. Here at Rent. this would include Sales Managers and Sales employees.
- Is driven by results, while displaying empathy and integrity
- Focuses on what matters, using data as a guide for decision making
- Skilled in managing outside, B2B data-driven solution selling and pipeline/funnel management.
- Builds and manages key, high-level internal and external relationships.
- Analyzes a region, identifies market opportunities and gaps, defines a strategy, effectively resources, and defines targets in order to meet/exceed Sales goals and initiatives.
- Is a successful people leader who enjoys the day-to-day details of leading and growing successful sales teams (i.e. performance management, identifying talent, reviewing performance, providing consultative feedback, targeted coaching/counseling, driving key behaviors and outcomes, and guiding/supporting performance actions).
- Currently lives in the Mid-Atlantic Region of the United States (DC, Virginia, Maryland, Baltimore) near a major airport with direct flight availability within the market.
- Can share behavioral examples reflecting the following competencies Collaboration, Communication, Building Teams, Developing Talent, Customer Focus, Sense of Urgency, Results Oriented, Critical Thinking, and Managing With Purpose.
This is a full-time, field Sales Leadership role that may require up to 3 days in the field each week. Please understand that by applying for this role you are committed to satisfying these travel requirements. Please don’t forget to share your accomplishments through numbers. After all, that is a key point to how we measure success within Sales.
Candidate must reside in the Mid-Atlantic region (DC, Virginia, Maryland, Baltimore).
A Few Of Our Perks and Benefits:
- Immediate 401k match
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid volunteering days
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Flexible spending accounts
- Employee discounts
Why Choose Rent?
We’re a place where you can make an important difference, from day one. You’ll have the opportunity to grow and build, both professionally and in the communities we serve. You’ll work with smart, diverse, and unpretentious people, as we help renters find and enjoy their ideal home. In fact, we consider ourselves a very well-funded start-up that also has more than 40 years in the industry and strong financial performance.
All applications for positions with Rent. are subject to our [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Regional Sales Director - Northeast US.
Rent. is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
To ensure the health and safety of our workforce, customers and third parties, Rent. conducts background screening after making conditional offers for employment. All screening is conducted consistent with Equal Employment Opportunity Commission guidance and state and local Fair Chance Act guidance, and Rent. encourages applications from, and fully considers, qualified applicants with criminal record histories.
- Critical Thinking
- Customer Service
- Decision Making
- Human Resources