Job ProfilePosition Overview
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. In CLO, we want to inspire new and innovative ideas on how to provide “best in class” service to our customers. As an Operations Manager II, within the Agency Servicing organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA.
We seek motivated, driven and creative individuals that enjoy working as part of a team in a high-energy environment which thrives on innovation and ingenuity. You will work together to create new solutions which will provide our clients with an exceptional customer experience. Valued opinions, supported by collaborative teams, impact the success of CLO.
- Participates in the development of the operations strategy. Executes operating plan and communicates strategy to operations team. Responsible for two or more functions across one or more sites, or may manage a complex product, function or location. Manages managers, supervisors and/or individual contributors. May participate in industry forums.
- Manages and is responsible for achieving desired business results. Acts as a senior point of escalation and resolves exceptions and complex process and product support problems. Review and provide oversight on end to end processes of varying risk and financial value. May interact with customers and/or third parties to drive business results and in resolving escalated issues.
- Manages all human resources related activities for direct and indirect reports and maintains employee engagement. Provides coaching and development to team members, supervisors and/or managers. Leads staff meetings, communicates strategy and translates into tactical operating plans.
- Provides consultation and advice to service partners and customers. Identifies and influences strategic improvement initiatives and serves as a representative or a project sponsor for operations group on projects. Develops, reviews and/or approves standard operating procedures as appropriate. Recommends and/or drives policy improvements.
- Oversees and/or owns the control framework for unit(s) of responsibility. Reviews reports and/or key risk indicators to identify exceptions, monitor quality and ensure effective quality risk management. Manages and is accountable for risk mitigation and business resiliency activities and/or strategies. May review transactions and related documents. Verifies work processes to ensure completeness, accuracy and conformance to established service levels, department controls, risk tolerance and applicable procedures.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
PNC also has fundamental expectations of our people managers. As a manager of talent in PNC, you will be expected to:
Include Intentionally - Cultivates diverse teams and inclusive workplaces to expand thinking.
Live the Values - Role models our values with transparency and courage.
Enable Change - Takes action to drive change and innovation that will transform our business.
Achieve Results - Takes personal ownership to deliver results. Empowers and trusts others in decision making.
Develop the Best - Raises the bar with every talent decision and guides the achievement of all employees and customers.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking – Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Internal Resource Coordination – Knowledge of the techniques, tools and applications associated with coordination of internal resources; ability to synchronize and integrate activities, responsibilities, and command and control structures to ensure that internal resources are used most efficiently in pursuit of business objectives.
Operational Functions – Knowledge of major functional processes and associated operating requirements; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Problem Management Process – Knowledge of and ability to bring a reported problem to successful resolution.
Process Management – Knowledge of business process improvement tools and techniques and ability to understand, monitor, update, or enhance existing business or work processes.
Standard Operating Procedures – Knowledge of and ability to design, implement and evaluate standard operating procedures affecting daily and strategic business operations in order to increase operational efficiency.Work Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of industry-relevant experience. An operations or production environment position typically requires 2 years of previous managerial experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.Education
Additional Job Description
PNC offers employees a comprehensive range of benefits to help meet your needs now and in the future. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a Health Savings Account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spouse/child life insurance; short- and long-term disability protection; maternity and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absence time; 401(k), pension and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; back-up child/elder care; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a robust wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Operations Manager II.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call
and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Operations Manager II
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Operations Manager II to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.
- Quality Assurance
- Operations Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Lead Employee