To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Silver Spring, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Senior Proposal Coordinator/Facilitator
DLH • Silver Spring, MD
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
DLH is a provider of health technology-enabled business process outsourcing and program management solutions supporting large-scale federal health and human services as well as programmatic services in Promotion/Education, Compliance/Monitoring, Assessments, Pharmacy Services, Telehealth, Medication Adherence, Logistics, and Life Sciences.
Purpose of Position:
DLH is seeking a Senior Proposal Coordinator/Facilitator to assist with managing multiple proposal efforts simultaneously, anticipating and addressing the needs of each initiative promptly and succinctly. This position, located in Silver Spring, MD, and will report to the Senior Corporate Account Manager and be responsible for Facilitating all assigned proposal activities from pre-solicitation release to submission. This person will work closely with the senior proposal manager, proposal managers, proposal writers, editors, capture managers, and business development managers, to produce proposals focused and responsive to customer-defined requirements. The Senior Proposal Coordinator will establish consistency and provide administrative support during the proposal development process. They will provide word-processing, desktop publishing, scheduling, and graphic design skills to produce proposals and presentations. Often, the Senior Proposal Coordinator will prepare the proposal work plan, manage assignments, and collect and organize proposal content. Additionally, the Senior Proposal Coordinator will collect and analyze information about business opportunities, potential customers, competition, and pricing as needed, collaborating with the capture and senior proposal managers. The ideal candidate will support and manage proposals mainly in the following areas: Health IT-enabled services as well as programmatic services in Promotion/Education, Compliance/Monitoring, Assessments, Pharmacy Services, Telehealth, Medication Adherence, Logisitcs, and Life Sciences.
- Review Requests for Information, Requests for Proposals, and Requests for Quotations for proposal production/documentation guidelines, and to support bids, quotes, and other documents relating to DLH products and services.
- Research, collect, and analyze information about business opportunities, potential customers, competition, and pricing as needed using tools provided.
- Work with the proposal manager to develop production schedules. Follow all proposal department guidelines and procedures for creating outlines, building templates, proofreading, preparing review drafts and final editions, scheduling meetings, and tracking the completion of assignments.
- Manage electronic proposal files, including network and SharePoint files, and ensure file closeout procedures are followed.
- Provide administrative support to the capture or proposal manager; conduct meetings, document notes and discussions, and identity documentation requirements.
- Collaborate with the business development team, participate in discussions regarding business opportunities to document solutions to business problems.
- Identify and tailor appropriate project descriptions/past performance to meet specific requirements. Request updates from technical staff and track submittals, when needed.
- Provide proposal reproduction support including: perform document layout, ensuring that the final product is aesthetically appealing; proofread as assigned; collate stacked decks; perform document production, binding, mailing, and shipping; and arrange and confirm deliveries.
- Support proposal development efforts during crunch periods by participating as a reviewer/editor, and defining requirements and gathering and validating information.
- Interface with the graphic design team in creating and editing graphics for proposals.
- Collate concept papers into a single body of work and ensure completed proposals are professional, cohesive, and credible.
- Support all assigned proposal activities from pre-solicitation release to submission.
- Develop and distribute appropriate proposal-related documentation, including writing assignments, compliance matrices, style guides, outlines, schedules, presentations, and color team/milestone reviews.
- Schedule proposal meetings, review and manage the proposal calendar.
- Update the status of assigned proposals and opportunities.
- Participate in assigned Proposal/Capture activities by providing support.
- Assist with other needs as required including the development of marketing materials, qualification submittals, presentations, and collaborate on writing new materials (past performance, corporate fact sheets, brochures, project literature, and presentations)
- Understanding of Federal contracting bid process
- Familiar with Shipley proposal process
- Keen attention to detail and follow-through skills
- Expert-level proficiency in Microsoft Office 2010 (including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, and Word), SharePoint (required), and Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and excellent proofreading abilities
- Ability to synthesize information and present findings clearly in both writing and orally
- Ability to give clear, concise directions and organize large volumes of information
- Comfortable speaking with executive and senior-level management teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, often with short notice, to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure, handle last-minute requests, and multitask
- Able to effectively prioritize and work independently
- Ability to successfully communicate with proposal team, teammates, corporate executive management, and other employees at all levels
- Must possess demonstrated abilities to work under and tight deadlines, work independently and as part of a team prioritizing multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude under stress and ability to work with a diverse group of personalities
- Excellent organizational skills, writing skills, and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of US Government contracting proposal processes
- Ability to travel 25% to work on-site with Proposal Team when requested, typically Atlanta GA
- Participate and support proposal review meetings as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum 6+ years of progressive experience in fast-paced, high-volume proposal environment
- Working knowledge of the Health and Human Services community
- Proficient with capture and business development tools such as GovWin, Bloomberg, and PipeDrive
DLH Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.