This position is long term temp with possibility of being hired full time. It will support a large Section 8 Project Based Community in the Western Addition of San Francisco.
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible, screening incoming leasing inquiries, assist in annual recertifications, tenant/landlord relations ,marketing, leasing, supply property information, tour apartment homes, track leasing prospects, accounts payable & receivable, general administrative duties, and special projects as assigned.
- Answer phones / take messages and retrieve messages from voicemail
- Return calls to prospective applicants with site and income guideline info / mail applications / reviewing incoming applications for completion etc.
- Meet and Greet tenants and new applicants that visit office and assist with concerns and questions
- Take work order request / generate and close out work orders in onesite
- Order office supplies under the supervision of the Assistant Community Manager through office depot
- Make application packets
- File all signed leases and documents into tenant files
- Transfer new tenant documents into permanent folder
- Assist Assistant Community Manager with preparation of lease renewal packets / letters etc.
- Scheduling and entering lease singing / interviews and meetings on Microsoft calendar
- Prepare balance due and all other notices for distribution
- -Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- -Ability to meet deadlines and work independently with minimal supervision
- -Extremely well organized and detail-oriented
- -Committed, reliable, and punctual
- -Ability to adapt and work efficiently in a dynamic environment
- -Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
- -Excellent written and oral communication skills
- -Comfortable working with numbers and basic calculations
- -Able to manage multiple tasks with little direction.
Related Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Overview
Affordable housing laid the foundation of Related Companies and we continue to place a high priority on developing, acquiring and preserving housing for this sector. In fact, over 60% of our 50,000+ residential apartment homes under our management are part of one or more affordable housing programs, and an additional 20% of these homes provide workforce housing.
In the area of acquisitions and refinancing, we pursue properties that meet one of the following criteria: Section 8 properties with project-based contracts; Section 236 properties in need of rehabilitation; Section 42 LIHTC properties with expiring low-income restrictions; Section 515 FmHA properties with loans that can be prepaid; or other assisted properties, including HODAG, HOME, federal or state-financed public housing.
Many of the buildings we encounter are in need of substantial upgrading and preservation in order to continue to properly fulfill the needs of their tenants. Given our 42 years of experience in debt and equity financing - as well as our extensive management of government-assisted properties - we are well positioned to buy out existing owners who lack the resources and experience to recapitalize and, therefore, wish to exit the affordable housing arena. In addition, with our extensive development experience, we bring the knowhow to expertly rehabilitate the units, thus assuring the continued viability of these projects for years to come.
Hardworking And Dedicated
Attention To Detail
Leasing (Contract Law)