Michigan Public Health Institute
Title: Quality Assurance Test Analyst
$60,000-$65,000 / Posted thru: 9-30-19
Employee Name: TBD
Supervisor: Director of Technology Solutions
Purpose: The Quality Assurance Test Analyst is primarily responsible for managing, documenting, writing, and executing manual and automated test cases to ensure that applications meet organizational standards and end-user requirements. The Quality Assurance Test Analyst will also create and implement new processes and procedures to further the quality of applications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with developers and business analysts to design test scenarios and test cases based on requirements and technical designs.
- Reviews and tests new or modified applications to determine if program will perform according to requirements and conform to team guidelines.
- Ensures quality of UAT and production releases by administering various manual and automated test scenarios and cases that will confirm the desired functionality, accuracy, and efficiency of web-based applications
- Reports detailed test results and clearly communicates the steps necessary to recreate an issue.
- Recommends program improvements to programmers.
- Coordinates and executes testing across multiple testing phases, including beta, user acceptance, integration testing, and regression testing
- Enters and manages defects in Azure Dev Ops application.
- Evaluates applications to verify that the application conforms to team development and quality assurance standards, processes, and procedures before and during development.
- Develops quality standards and test procedures.
- Reviews logs to identify program processing errors.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Maintain a positive, strong, credible, professional and interpersonal relationship with all parties relevant to MPHI projects and represent the best interest of MPHI at all times.
Education: Possession of a bachelor's degree or 5 years comparable experience as a quality assurance test analyst.
- A minimum of two years of related and progressively more responsible work experience as a quality assurance analyst, particularly in the areas of C#, .NET Framework, Web testing, Web services, Azure Dev Ops, SharePoint
- Experience/exposure in information technology, systems design, and/or systems integrations.
- Experience in or exposure to public health, government, or non-profit organizations, is desirable.
Important Skills and Characteristics:
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Able to troubleshoot technical problems with computer software and hardware.
- Excellent abilities in the area of quality assurance testing.
- Willingness to learn and ability to grasp new concepts quickly.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
- MPHI is a standard office environment.
- May require viewing a CRT or VDT screen up to 90% of the time.
- May require a valid vehicle operator's license.
- May require moderate physical effort, including lifting materials and equipment up to 50 pounds.
IMPACT ON PROJECTS, SERVICES AND OPERATIONS: This position provides integral and necessary duties needed for the successful completion of client's project. It furthers MPHI's goal in developing the necessary State and Local infrastructure to better serve the data needs of Michigan's Health Community, thus promoting the health and well-being of Michigan's citizens. It serves as a resource in meeting MPHI's own information technology needs.
Direction, consultation, planning, and reporting
Project related tasks
Project Related Tasks
Consultants & Vendors
Planning & Coordination
“For purposes of employment standards, this classification is ‘Exempt' from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.”