Lincoln Electric is a global manufacturer of the highest quality welding, cutting and joining solutions ranging from simple to complex. With over 120 years of service excellence, we are committed to employing talent that will support our strategy to foster innovation and a first class experience for our customers. Lincoln Electric, where the actual is limited and the possible is immense.
Req. ID: 19912
PRIMARY FUNCTION: To assist R&D engineers in new product development.
JOB DESCRIPTION (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES)
- Provides technical support to engineers and scientists in areas such as production, operations, maintenance, safety, testing, process improvement or product development.
- Develops and recommends procedures and methods and prepares technical reports and documentation.
- Performs technical evaluations of events to determine root cause; recommends corrective action
- Uses schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions or defined plans to perform testing and troubleshooting on electronic or mechanical components, equipment or systems.
- Gathers, maintains, formats, compiles and manipulates technical data using established formulae and procedures and performs detailed mathematical calculations.
- Works in Machine R&D laboratory assisting multiple projects in the design, construction, and testing of welding products.
- Use data acquisition system, computers, and CAD as required.
- Assists in the preparation of documentation.
- Operate basic lab equipment including meters, oscilloscopes, temperature recorders, etc. (Training provided as needed).
- Assumes additional responsibilities as needed or directed in support of the Company’s 2025 Strategy.
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering Technology or similar field.
- Has full proficiency in a range of technical processes or procedures.
- Applies experience and skills to complete assigned work within own area of expertise.
- Works within defined technical processes and procedures or methodologies and may help determine the appropriate approach for new assignments.
- Works with a limited degree of supervision, with oversight focused only on complex new assignments.
- Highly motivated, quick to learn, and safety conscious.
- Acts as an informal resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Ability to organize and maintain a neat work area.
- Able to maintain detailed test records.
- Ability to work on multiple projects with supervision and clean instruction.
- Familiarity with personal computers using the Windows operating system.
- Ability to use common laboratory equipment.
- Ability to read and comprehend wiring diagrams, schematics and test specifications.
- Capable of lifting 60 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Good hands-on assembly and troubleshooting skills.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Lincoln Electric is a $2.5B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with over 10,000 employees around the world. With operations in over 40 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow with our customers. As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world’s challenges. It is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln Electric will not be considered binding terms. Lincoln Electric will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting Department.
Employment Status: Salary Full-Time
Function: Research & Development
Section: Lincoln Cleveland (US10)
EOE, including disability/veterans
- Complex Problem Solving
- Corrective And Preventive Actions