To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Phoenix, AZ
- Phone: 000-000-0000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
KWES-TV Midland/Odessa • Phoenix, AZ
Posted 2 months ago
12 News, the TEGNA owned NBC affiliate in Phoenix, AZ, market 12, is looking for an experienced, dynamic, enterprising Weekend Anchor/Reporter/MSJ (Multi-Skilled Journalist) The successful candidate is a team player and newsroom leader with excellent interviewing skills, and proven ability to skillfully ad lib in any live situation. This candidate must be connected to the community, fully understand the market and connect with the audience on all platforms: TV, social, mobile and online.
- Anchor weekend evening newscasts and others as assigned
- Generating unique, compelling and innovative story/show ideas and content.
- Excellent, creative presentation and writing skills a must
- Excellent use of social media for news gathering/disseminating and community engagement
- Cultivate sources
- Contribute to multiple platforms on a daily basis including writing for the websites, posting on social media, creating for mobile, and most of all creating a dialog with our audience and your friends and followers.
- Collaborate with a team to produce the most creative, compelling stories
- Develop contacts and relationships in the community
- Journalism or Mass Communication degree preferred with a minimum of three years' experience as an anchor in a medium to large market.
- Strong on-camera delivery with the ability to ad-lib
- Excellent writing, packaging, and live skills
- Must be able to report in a broad range of styles with good on-air presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
- Strong social media presence
- Shooting and editing skills a plus
- Bilingual and/or specialized reporting experience (investigative, consumer, sports) a plus
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 47 television stations and two radio stations in 39 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 35 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry's top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA delivers results for advertisers through unparalleled and innovative solutions including OTT local advertising network Premion, centralized marketing resource Hatch, and G/O Digital, a one-stop shop for local businesses to connect with consumers through digital marketing. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.