To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX 77046
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Analyst - Development and Support
Direct Energy • Houston, TX
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
As a part of the Trading, Risk and Settlements IT team, the role will be focused on application support and development of the Scheduling and Settlements Interfaces. In addition to this the candidate may also be required to develop and support other related applications.
Primary responsibilities include building custom web and windows applications to support Power Trading, Scheduling and Settlements. Other responsibilities include creating and supporting interfaces between various internal Direct Energy Applications.
- Work closely with the Supply, Risk and Trading IT team, Enterprise Architecture and Infrastructure groups to deliver integrated solutions, while adhering to Direct Energy IT project management and software delivery standards
- Work with the team to translate business requirements into technical specifications and perform development tasks to deliver solutions
- Works independently or in a team, to design, code, test, document and debug programs of high complexity
- Provide optimal business system solutions from both a business and an IS perspective
- Perform code reviews
- Provide coaching/mentoring to less experienced developers
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited educational institution (preferably in Computer Sciences, MIS or Mathematics)
- Experience with North America Power required
- 8+ years of .NET development experience with Windows Console, Windows Forms and Web Application
- Working knowledge of C#, VB, ASP.NET, CSS, Bootstrap
- Working knowledge of API, WCF, Webservice
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SSR
- Experience Writing SQL queries for Oracle and SQL Server database
- Experience with Oracle database technology
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio
- Experience with using source control software (TFS)
- Experience in Agile Programming Methodology is a plus
- Ability to design, code, test and debug software
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, detailed oriented environment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.