Blount International is a global designer, manufacturer, and marketer of replacement parts, equipment, and accessories for consumers and professionals in select global end markets, including Forestry, Lawn, and Garden (“FLAG”); Farm, Ranch, and Agriculture (“FRAG”); and Concrete Cutting and Finishing (“CCF”). Blount is the market leader in manufacturing saw chain and guide bars for chain saws. Blount has a global manufacturing and distribution footprint and sells its products in more than 110 countries around the world. Blount markets its products primarily under the Oregon®, Carlton®, Woods®, SpeeCo®, ICS®, Pentruder®, and Merit® brands.
As a leader in innovation and quality, Blount International produces saw chains, bars and sprockets that are well respected in the chain saw and forestry industries and outdoor equipment accessories and parts for the garden and landscape industry. In fact, Blount is the market leader in manufacturing saw chain and guide bars for chain saws. Blount International offers these products under the brand names OREGON®, Carlton®, and KOX.
Blount International is also a leading full-line manufacturer of high-quality attachments and implements, log splitters, and other agriculture-related products. With a reputation for durability and reliability, the products are marketed under the brand names Woods®, Speeco®, Alitec®, Central Fabricators®, Gannon®, Wain-Roy®, and WoodsCare™.
As a diversified company, Blount also manufactures concrete chain saws and diamond chain, which have revolutionized concrete cutting in the construction industry. As the world leader in Diamond Chain Technology™, these products are offered under the ICS® brand, known worldwide for its industry-leading innovations.
The successful candidate will be responsible for global sourcing within an assigned finished goods Commodity as well as some indirect spend categories, to include negotiation of prices and contracts with vendors, purchase products, and conduct spend and general cost analysis. Provide general pricing leadership and spending efficiency, always searching for optimum value for goods and services and giving due consideration to Price, Quality, Logistics, Innovation and Risk.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Coordinate procurement process, advance procurement optimization activities, and follow the strategic sourcing process
- Review all sourcing requests, ensuring TCO in all procurement of goods and services are followed, transactions meet all legal requirements, purchases are made for reasonable and legitimate business purpose, and requests are properly authorized
- Manage purchasing activities and follow up on vendor and contractor issues
- Follow Blount’s sourcing process in RFP/RFQ preparation and implementation, contract negotiation and management
- Support benchmark pricing, conduct negotiations with suppliers, and manage purchase to receipt process of raw material, packaging, supply and MRO for manufacturing and distribution centers
- Utilize and analyze commodity indexes and economic trends to update product TCOs, drive cost savings and mitigate cost increases ahead of time
- Evaluate forecasts to anticipate supply problems and take preventive actions
- Support and maintain relationships with suppliers as needed to see that they are fulfilling their contractual obligations to the company; create clean-sheets and negotiation papers
- Build and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders; develop and maintain effective and proactive communication
- Provide guidance to others by communicating and reinforcing strategic and tactical plans
- Maintenance of all sourcing data within SAP as it pertains to assigned products/spend categories and suppliers
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, supply chain management, or related field, or equivalent experience; High school diploma required
- Professional certification in supply chain or procurement management preferred
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 3 or more years of procurement/sourcing experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment; global multinational corporate environment preferred
- Proven experience in a broad range of procurement activities, including inventory and supply chain management, and technical sourcing projects
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement robust, creative commodity sourcing strategies which yield measurable reductions in spend; strong contract management and negotiation skills
- Ability to implement best practices in strategic sourcing, vendor relationship management and supply chain management
- Able to speak and present effectively to peers and Senior Management
- Strong stakeholder management skills and ability to leverage networks and relationships
- Capable of influencing and motivating others with new ideas and concepts
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Project management certification preferred
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications
- Set a good example of personal integrity
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, able to collaborate with teams who are globally dispersed
- Take initiative to learn, seek out development opportunities to improve skills and organizational performance, and increase knowledge
- Ability to translate specific goals into action and follow through to achieve goals
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel) and data management software (SAP preferred)
- Eligible for occasional domestic and international travel, up to two weeks’ duration