You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Pharmacy Tech I
Pharmacy Tech I
Job ID: 2023-22530
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
CAPS Pharmacy - Chicago
CAPS®, the nation's largest network of outsourcing admixture pharmacies, has been delivering high-quality, same-day, admixture services and solutions to hospitals and outpatient facilities for more than 28 years. Along with the nation’s largest 503A sterile injectable outsourcing network, CAPS offers industry-leading batch compounding on a national scale through three 503B registered outsourcing facilities. With experience, capacity, and a passion for safety, CAPS is your 503B solution.
CAPS is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Adheres to all CAPS policies and procedures
- Prepares compounded sterile products using aseptic technique.
- Assists in the setup of the compounding room, equipment, and supplies for preparation of compounded sterile solutions, using aseptic technique.
- Performs general cleaning and maintenance duties as directed.
- Participates in cleanroom product introduction activities.
- Prepares records and monitors results for pharmaceutical quality assurance testing.
Level II additionally may:
- Assist in training/mentoring of new IV Technicians as assigned
General: It shall be the duty of every employee while at work to take reasonable care for safety and health of himself/herself and other persons.
The job function listed is not exhaustive and shall also include any responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Requires working knowledge of technical field/area of specialization.
- Exercises general application of principles, theories and concepts.
- Follows established procedures and guidelines.
- Works under direct supervision and from detailed verbal and/or written instructions.
- Uses established procedures to accomplish assigned task.
- May require some limited judgement in resolving problems.
- Contacts are primarily with direct supervisor, peers and subordinates.
Target Based Range
17.58 - 21.97
Expertise: Qualifications -Education/Experience/Training/Etc
- High school diploma/G.E.D or equivalent required.
- 0-02 years related experience required.
- Applicable industry/professional certification required.
- Regular and predictable on-site attendance
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is expected to:
- Moderate work – Exerting up to 40 lbs of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs of force frequently, and/or 10 lbs force constantly to move objects.
Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling and Reaching:
- Frequently:Reaching upward and downward, Push/pull
- Constantly:Stand, Visual Acuity with or without corrective lenses
- Occasionally:Sitting , Walking
- Frequently:Finger feeling, Handling, Push/pull, Reaching upward and downward, Talking - ordinary, loud/quick
- Constantly:Hearing - ordinary, fine distinction, loud (hearing protection required), Reaching upward and downward, Seeing - depth perception, color vision, field of vision/peripheral, Standing
- Occasionally:Proximity to moving parts, Exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals (in most areas)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise Intensity:Moderate
- Occasionally:Office environment
- Frequently:Production/manufacturing environment, Lab environment
What We Offer
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com. Through its Sharing Expertise® initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Level 2 Stocks
- Quality Management
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 3981824334
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.