Manage and process all student financial aid applications, including awarding and disbursement of all financial aid programs, calculating and performing Return of Title IV, and assisting with financial aid verification process.
Duties & Responsibilities
Calculate and verify eligibility and award federal, state, and private resources to financial aid eligible students according to federal and state regulations.
Review, create, maintain, and update new and continuing student files and applications.
Calculate return of Title IV aid, process repayments, update federal monitoring system, and notify students of refunds and repayments.
Maintain state notification file and voucher processes to secure fund reimbursement.
Reconcile financial aid funds with Business Office.
Verify student eligibility and required documentation per established federal guidelines.
Analyze student financial need and allocate financial aid awards in accordance with federal and state regulations.
Resolve financial aid discrepancies and implement resolutions for awarding.
Establish and maintain report functions.
Manage and maintain consortium agreement and shared program process.
Collaborate with Student Financials Office to ensure accurate reporting of 3rd party funding.
Provide office support to include creating and maintaining documents; generating letters; updating website; and maintaining records.
Serve as back up to Student Finance Specialists in providing information and problem-solving for students, prospective students, parents, staff, and general public.
Stay up to date on federal and state financial aid programs.
Handle sensitive information in accordance with applicable guidelines and regulations.
Other duties as assigned.
Associate degree in related field required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Prior work experience in education environment required.
Federal financial aid experience preferred.
Working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office applications, and PeopleSoft applications, or the ability to learn and use PeopleSoft. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, Outlook, Access, and Visio.
Must possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
Must possess ability to:
- Meet and exceed (internal or external) customer expectations while cultivating relationships that secure commitment and trust.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how detailed; show concern for all aspects of the job; accurately check processes and tasks; be watchful over a period of time.
- Effectively manage time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Achieve a satisfactory level of technical, functional, and/or professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keep up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise; leverage expert knowledge to accomplish results.
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjust effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
- Take prompt action to accomplish work goals; take action to achieve results beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and approach toward work.
Must embrace Mid-State’s core values of student centeredness, commitment, accountability, respect, integrity, and exceptional service.
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation is dependent upon experience and qualifications.
Benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance; life insurance; short-term and long-term disability; paid time off and holidays; flexible spending account; Wisconsin Retirement System; 403(b) and 457; employee assistance program; educational assistance; and employee wellness program.
How To Apply
To be considered for this position, you must complete an online application. You should have the following information available when completing an application:
- Contact information (addresses, phone numbers)
- Employment History
- Electronic copy of resume and transcripts
Application materials submitted via mail, fax, email, or in-person will not be considered.
Incomplete applications or applications noting 'See Resume' will not be considered.
Continuous recruitment with first review of completed applications starting May 13, 2021. Applications received on or after May 13th may be considered in a secondary pool.
Please note that Mid-State’s main form of communication during the recruitment process is email. In addition to receiving communications from email addresses with an @mstc.edu domain, you may receive emails from [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Financial Aid Specialist. Please be sure to watch your inbox as well as junk, spam, and clutter folders.
Mid-State Technical College, an equal opportunity employer and educator, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, or other applicable legislated categories, in its services, employment programs, and/or its educational programs and activities, including but not limited to admission, treatment, and access. Mid-State Technical College provides reasonable accommodations to assist persons with disabilities to access or participate in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: VP-Human Resources, 32nd Street N, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494, Phone:
or Email:[ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Financial Aid Specialist
Optimize Your Online Application Experience
Below you will find a few technical tips to help ensure a positive and successful online application experience:
- Be sure to fill in each field in the application. You will receive an error message at the time of submission and your application will not be submitted if each required field is not filled in.
- Avoid clicking the back, forward, or refresh buttons while applying. Doing so will interfere with the submission and may result in data loss.
- Clear your browser's temporary files/cache and cookies prior to beginning the application.
- Disable pop-up blockers.
- Do not bookmark or favorite the application. Navigate to the careers site each time you wish to access your saved/submitted application.
- Your application session will remain open for 24 hours assuming you do not close your browser. To ensure submission, complete the application process within that time frame.
- The following browsers are currently supported:
Internet Explorer 9, 10, 11
- The following operating systems are currently supported:
Windows 7 and 8, both 32-bit and 64-bit, as well as Mac OS 10.6 and greater.
If you experience issues in submitting your online application, please contact Human Resources at
Safari (Web Browser)