Join a team of dynamic, results oriented professionals!
Named among "The World's Most Admired Companies" by Fortune Magazine
Named among "America's 100 Most Trustworthy Companies" by Forbes magazine
Named among "Great Places to Work" by Becker's Hospital Review
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Convenience market on site
- Benefit Eligibility (Medical/Dental/Vision/Life) the first of the month following 30 days of employment
- 401K program (Discretionary matching funds available)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Referral Program
- Dental plans & Vision plans
- GENEROUS Personal time off
- Eight Paid Holidays per year
- Quarterly incentive plans
- Business casual dress code
- Free Parking
- Free coffee daily
- Employee of the month awards with monetary gift and parking space
- Training Programs
- Fitness Center with personal trainer on site
- Awesome Facility with terrific amenities
- Wellness programs
- Flexible work schedule
JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW:
This position is responsible for processing credit balances for TennCare, Medicaid, Managed Care and commercial for hospital medicine, clinic and anesthesia groups.
This position is responsible for the posting of emergency, clinic, guarantor and carrier payments. Maintains accuracy and production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process credit balances from EOB copies to determine refund;
- Process credit invoices through workfiles;
- Assembles appropriate documentation to validate refunds and forward for mailings;
- Reviews credit report monthly to ensure all credits have been reviewed;
- Contacts insurance carriers and requests EOB's as necessary;
- Reports any consistent errors identified that affect invoices from being processed correctly;
- The posting of all groups lockbox receipts in IDX.
- The posting of all groups payments to the individual invoices in Post Receipts.
- The posting of all rejections listed on payment EOBs.
- Copies of guarantor, Medicare, and Medicaid credits for each emergency, and clinic group.
- Completion of the unapplied log sheet and attaches copies of the EOB's for each unapplied payment.
- Completion of the Offset log sheet with attached copies of the EOBs for review.
- Completion of the deposit batch logs.
- Responsible for maintaining all policy and procedures.
- Participates in unit progress meeting.
- Maintains daily batch log of all posted batches.
- Turns to supervisor for unusual circumstances that may include recoups, adjustments, fee schedules, rejections, etc.
- Performs any and all duties as directed by management.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent personal computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office. Ability to handle a variety of tasks in a fast paced environment, knowledge of IDX-BAR preferred.
- Excellent problem-solving, communication, organizational, and customer service skills.
- Education should be equivalent to completion of the 12th grade or a GED. A minimum one year medical billing experience with emphasis on accounts receivable. Excellent communication skills, ability to meet deadlines and production goals and good computer skills.
PHYSICAL / ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Job performed in a well-lighted, modern office setting
- Occasional standing/bending
- Occasional lifting/carrying (20lbs or less)
- Moderate stress
- Prolonged sitting
- Prolonged work on a PC/computer
This position may require manual dexterity and/or frequent use of the computer, telephone, 10-key, calculator, office machines (copier, scanner, fax) and/or the ability to perform repetitive motions and/or meet production standards to comply with the essential functions. Also, may require physical and/or mental stamina to work overtime, additional hours beyond a regular schedule and/or more than five days per week.
Cooperative, positive, courteous and professional behavior and conduct is an essential function of every position. All employees must be able to work with others beyond giving and receiving instructions. This includes getting along with co-workers, peers and management without exhibiting behavior extremes. Job functions may require personal leadership skills such as conflict resolution, negotiating, instructing, persuading, speaking with others as well as responding appropriately to job performance feedback from the supervisor. Additionally, the information contained in this job description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
Setting Up Files
Medical Billing And Coding
Explanation Of Benefits (Eob)