Please see the job details below. Send your updated references and resume ASAP!
TITLE: Accounts Payable Specialist
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
DURATION: Direct Hire
PAY RATE: $47,000 - $48,000 a year
The Accounts Payable Specialist verifies and posts transactions to sub-ledgers and other records. The person in this role also prepares payments, enters invoices, and audits T&E expenses.
- Opens mail and sorts invoices accordingly.
- Coordinates the approval of invoices and processes purchase order invoices – 3-way matching.
- Posts invoices, including proper General Ledger codification.
- Enters data with the appropriate coding and generates payments using accounting system Oracle EBS.
- Processes weekly ACH payments.
- Coordinates the signing and mailing of checks.
- Assists in month end tasks, such as accruals, prepaids, fixed assets, and support material for accruals.
- Reviews, classifies, and processes expense reports in Concur for journal entry.
- Updates supplier information, requests completed W-9 forms, monitors new supplier set up, and reconciles suppliers' statements.
- Supports 1099 filing.
- Verifies credit card payments and reconciles accounts for journal entry.
- Sets up wire templates.
- Supports SRED related costs
- Identifies VAT taxes on all UK invoices.
- Performs filing of all documents.
- Ad-hoc reports and projects, including supporting audit requests.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCES:
- Oracle is preferred but will consider SAP, JD Edwards, Microsoft Dynamics AX, SAGE or another ERP
- Leads by example and exemplifies the company’s core values in actions and behaviors
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Methodical processing abilities
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Dedicated professional work ethic
- Fast learner, can adapt quickly
- Manage to shift tasks when necessary
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Intuitively share benefits for productivity
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Bilingual in English/French a plus
- Deductive Reasoning — the ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Written Comprehension — the ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Inductive Reasoning — the ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- Oral Comprehension — the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression — the ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Ability to perform primarily sedentary work (sitting or standing), for up to 7 hours, frequently using a computer (visual acuity, fine motor skills) and telephone (talking/hearing).
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to URL blocked - click to apply. Thank you for choosing Kelly Services!
With Kelly, accounting and finance professionals like you will have access to some of the world’s
most respected companies—providing you with challenging, high-visibility projects that can transform
your career. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and more than 3,000 finance and accounting
hiring managers rely on us each year to access the best temporary and full-time talent: people like
Let us help advance your career today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people
around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of
talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit URL blocked - click to apply and connect with us on URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply and URL blocked - click to apply.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. URL blocked - click to apply
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Accounts Payable in Chicago
$42,000.00 - $50,000.00 / year
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: US2497MB_BH1612311
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
In a recent study, one-third of large companies predicted contingent workforce growth of 50 percent or more.* Kelly Financial Resources® can help you be a part of this contingent workforce growth opportunity.
Kelly Financial Resources, a specialty service of Kelly Services®, provides a suite of world-class staffing and workforce solutions to the accounting and financial business communities. We focus exclusively on placing all levels of finance and accounting professionals -- from bookkeepers to controllers to internal auditors to senior accountants -- in disciplines including:
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Forensic Accounting
- Internal Audit
- Public Accounting
- SEC Reporting
- Trust Operations
It all began when William R. Kelly—founder of the temporary staffing industry—established Kelly Services® in 1946. The company's traditional expertise started with office services, call center, light industrial, and electronic assembly staffing. Through the years, we expanded our expertise and established a proven record of successfully matching job seekers to opportunities in disciplines such as science, engineering, law, education, healthcare, IT, and finance. As a Fortune 500® company, Kelly® has evolved into a global workforce solutions leader, making employment connections for nearly half a million people around the world every year.
Since our founding, we have embodied the true spirit of social responsibility. Our character and values resonate through our culture. Inherently—through our core business focus—we seek to improve the quality of life for our employees, their families, and their communities, as well as society at large. We embrace the role we play and the value we contribute to society—whether ensuring equal opportunity to employment, promoting safer workplace conditions, advocating for healthcare reform, or adhering to sustainable business practices.
Together with our employees and our customers, we will continue to work toward ensuring that our legacy will remain strong for generations to come. For more than 60 years, people have trusted Kelly Services to help them reach their career goals. We are your proven link to employment opportunities that will pave the way for a successful future. Whoever and wherever you are—and with the right skills and attitude—Kelly can help you find a job, expand your career, and build your future.
*According to “The Emerging New Workforce,” a 2009 report by Littler Mendelson, P.C., an employment and Labor Law solution firm.
View the full profile