To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Louisville, KY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Telehealth Case Manager - Work from Home
Almost Family • Louisville, KY
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
NEW OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCED FOR A GROWING HOME HEALTH CARE COMPANY IN LOUISVILLE!Almost Family, Inc. (NASDAQ: AFAM) is a leading provider of home health nursing, rehabilitation and personal care services. For over 40 years, we have developed a culture that fosters innovation, clinical excellence, and integrity.
Almost Family, Inc. was founded in 1976 in Louisville, KY and operates as 30 companies with over 340 locations in 26 states. Almost Family, Inc. and its subsidiaries operate four segments:
- Visiting Nurse, or VN, which provides skilled nursing and physical, occupational and speech therapy services primarily to Medicare beneficiaries
- Personal Care, or PC, which provides custodial and personal care services
- Hospital Partnership Division: a joint venture with hospitals to provide home health and hospice services
- Health Care Innovations: an industry-leading segment investing in companies that will support traditional home care businesses and position company for new payment models
We believe in the importance of local recognition and seek to maintain and support the various trade names we operate under that have developed a reputation for high quality care among patients, referral sources and employees in their local communities. We maintain quality and consistency across locations and regions through our company Mission, Vision, and Values, which train our caregivers to look beyond the obvious needs of patients to be advocates for their physical, mental, and emotional needs, with the ultimate outcome of allowing them to age in place.
The RN Telehealth Case Manager is responsible for care management oversight for a defined group of home health patients utilizing in-home telehealth monitors and best practice protocols with a focus on improvement in clinical outcomes.**THIS POSITION REQUIRES TWO PLUS YEARS OF REMOTE CHRONIC DISEASE MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE**
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: ?
1. Perform proactive patient management utilizing critical thinking skill. Supports the physician/patient/agency relationship and plan of care, emphasizes prevention of exacerbations and complications utilizing evidence-based best practice guidelines.
2. Monitors referrals and reviews reports to ensure all eligible patients for Telehealth are assessed and placed on telehealth program.
3. Monitors patient's health status via use of telehealth equipment in the patients' home.
4. Recognizes changes and or trends in a patient's health status and intervenes as indicated by the patients' condition and established protocols. Requests skilled nurse visit based on patient need.
5. Provides comprehensive teaching to patients and caregivers via telephone in the principles of home telehealth, use of equipment, disease management protocols, emergency measures and other identified health related issues.
6. Evaluates program outcomes and effectiveness with a focus on the prevention of rehospitalization and improvement in the quality of life
7. Participates in interdisciplinary case conferences as needed.
8. Empowers and coaches patients to improve self-management strategies for their chronic disease(s) and become an active participant to meet their healthcare needs.
9. Excellent written communication skills to perform accurate documentation of all activity, including telephone and email contacts, in accordance with Almost Family standards and protocols.
10. Excellent oral communication skills for patient/family education and telephone triage of patients to the clinical team.
11. Demonstrates a commitment to customer service excellence and patient advocacy
12. Will be familiar with all aspects of the telehealth program including patient selection, infection control measures, equipment troubleshooting and problem resolution
13. Understands and oversees the functioning of the home telemonitoring equipment including data transmission in the home and at the Monitoring Center
14. Evaluates equipment and monitoring software needs that would enhance service delivery and makes recommendations for changes if indicated.
15. Creates program reports weekly, monthly and as requested
16. Assist with the creation of policies, processes and clinical guidelines related to the telehealth program and chronic disease management.
17. Self-motivated individual with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
18. Other duties as assignedQUALIFICATIONS:
1. Minimum of three years case management/disease management experience required
2. Previous home health experience preferred
3. Remote telehealth monitoring experience a plus
4. Must possess a valid unrestricted Registered Nurse license in the state of Kentucky or a reciprocating state of licensure with the ability to gain licensure in additional states as needed.
5. Strong ability to use a variety of computer applications including MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.), email and the Internet
Almost Family, Inc offers a competitive salary and benefits package that helps safe guard your health and well- being, and provides savings options for you and your family. We offer the following benefits to full time employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Voluntary Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical & Dependent Care)
- Paid vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- 401-k Retirement Plan
JOIN OUR FAMILY...
YOU'LL FEEL RIGHT AT HOME!