- Great opportunity for entry level candidates
- Benefits! - Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Holidays, vacation pay, and sick time for full time employees
- Stable Career
- Growth Opportunities
- No experience required - We will train you!
- Weekly pay!
- Live by the "Golden Rule" and work with other associates to build a strong team atmosphere
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
- Cook food, adhering to food safety, food handling, and sanitation procedures
- All other duties as assigned
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must be able to gain credentials to designated facility
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English, with the ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, based on the business needs of your location
- Authorized to work in the United States
Requires standing, walking & bending, as well as occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling of up to 25 lbs.About Summit:
As a national leader in corrections food and commissary service management, Summit is experienced in managing all sizes and types of correctional facilities, including state-wide operations. For over 30 years, our management team has been working closely with clients to exceed expectations and provide creative solutions to any need or challenge. ?
The Cook is responsible for performing food preparation and production tasks efficiently and accurately while following safe food handling policies, procedures, and recipes. Duties of this position include, ensuring portion control, temperature, and appearance of food items is per standard. The ideal candidate will have prior cooking experience preferably in an institutional setting with an emphasis on scratch and high quantity cooking. The ability to read, write and understand directions and to work both independently or as part of a team is also required. This position requires standing, walking, and bending throughout the entire work day and the ability to lift, stack and maneuver objects that may weigh 30 to 50 pounds. Performs all other related duties as assigned by management.Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Minorities/Women/Individual with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Employer
- Business Requirements
- Food Safety
- Service Management
- Team Working