Corestaff Services is seeking Warehouse Workers for one of their fastest growing customers located in Oceanside CA. This a food manufacturing facility, making some of the most well known products seen at your local grocery stores.
Warehouse workers primarily work in the dock, cold storage, and warehouse facilities and are responsible for receiving finished goods from our customers production facility. Once received, shipping handlers are required to prepare, store and ship the company’s finished goods according to organizational Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s). The warehouse workers ensures the safe and timely documented flow of finished goods through the supply chain and is accountable for assisting with the overall efficient functioning of our customers distribution center. This position also requires direct coordination with other departments within the organization.
• Previous food industry and warehouse experience (1 to 3 years) recommended.
• High school degree, GED certification or an equivalent qualification from a certified college a plus.
• A valid certification and license for operating warehouse machinery and other equipment.
• Preferably bilingual (Spanish / English).
Skills & Requirements
• Communicate well both orally and in writing with team members, co-workers, and employees to obtain and provide useful information.
• Have basic computer skills.
• Have a working knowledge of inventory management and legal procedures of shipping finished goods.
• Be able to effectively and efficiently manage time and targets.
• Be able to utilize forklifts and other warehouse machinery and equipment (Load / Unload Product).
• Maintain tidiness and cleanliness standards of the warehouse.
• Organize and store goods and materials properly.
• Coordinate all work functions with co-workers, transporters and other organizational departments.
• Maintain cycle count of all warehouse inventories and reporting discrepancies to the Warehouse Supervisor.
• Observe, record, and report unsafe working conditions.
• Be in compliance with all safety standards in working with multiple services, tools, and equipment.
• Follow orders and complete work assignments with a minimum of supervision.
• Assist other trade personnel in their work.
• Have the ability to competently and effectively manage time and complete assigned work.
• Be a team player and have the ability to coordinate with fellow workers.
• Represents the company in a positive manner at all times.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
• Dependability and communication are key.
• Regular, reliable, predictable attendance is a must.