Are you a motivated, analytical thinker with a penchant for problem solving and interested in bringing home the BACON? Then you should join us in growing one of America’s top 25 consumer packaged goods companies, Smithfield Foods! The Finance/Accounting team is seeking out driven, detail-oriented professionals to exercise GAAP principles while preserving the superior financial standing of our $15B company.
The FP&A Manager assists senior leadership in Financial Analysis in the development and preparation of annual operating budgets and periodic financial reports. Analyzes, evaluates, and develops forecasting models and identifies to management potential areas of opportunities and risks. Leads a team of direct reports.Responsibilities
- Develops key performance indicators measuring the financial health of the organization or assigned units or functions.
- Reviews past and current financial performance against budgeted estimates, and develops models that assist management in understanding the financial impact of business decisions.
- Recommends strategies meant to assist the organization in meeting its long-term financial objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university and 5+ years of experience, required.
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience in a position of leadership to include team development and management, required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to articulate complex financial and business analysis to non-finance professionals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Provides leadership and guidance to FP&A Analysts.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and assisting in providing appropriate resolutions.