The Electrical Reliability Engineer is responsible for the implementation and management of Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM), Engineering Principles and Root Cause Analysis (RCA), utilizing both internal and external centers of expertise. This position will be focused on equipment and electrical system reliability improvements along with other components of the proactive maintenance model that may be assigned as demanded by the needs of the facility or group. This position is responsible for the execution of AEI solutions in support of projects primarily located at the local site but can also be utilized at other CSST sites. The Electrical Reliability Engineer will be a champion for the maintenance and reliability efforts as well as electrical safety. This position will have an integral role in developing and executing asset health improvement plans, defect detection and elimination. The Electrical Reliability Engineer will support and supervise both internal and external resources to support AEI projects and systems.Principal Accountabilities30% -
Lead, support, and execute projects for Reliability Centered Design, safety improvement, and adherence to standards and codes. Provide and participate in training for completed projects.20% -
Support proper utilization of PD technologies and driving permanent issue resolution i.e. Infrared (IR) and MCA (Motor Circuit Analysis)20% -
Lead and support electrical maintenance matrix PM planning, scheduling, execution, and follow up, including all electrical distribution and components.20% -
Actively participate and determine the root causes of electrical failures and drive permanent solutions, working with maintenance and reliability team. 5% -
Provide electrical technical support to local site and group. 5% -
Any other duties as assigned.QualificationsMinimum Required
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Technical discipline OR Associate’s technical degree plus minimum 3 years AEI experience.
• 2+ years Electric Power distribution design and maintenance experience.
• Ability to read, update and troubleshoot from electrical schematics
• Knowledge of predictive technologies (i.e. infrared, pd and motor circuit analysis).
• Ability to travel as needed
• Must be able to answer after hours calls for plant support.Success Factors
• Demonstrated ability to identify and implement detailed solutions to complex technical problems involving multiple technologies.
• Demonstrated strong leadership skills.
• Willingness to challenge status quo.
• Ability to adapt and learn in a changing work environment.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities with minimum supervision and meet deliverables
• Strong attention to detail and organization skills.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbal and written
• Must work equally well in a team environment as well as independently, be a self-starter. Preferred
• 5+ years Electric Power distribution design and maintenance experience.
• Experience with predictive technologies (MCA, vibration, infrared, ultrasound, machinery lubrication).
• Certified Maintenance Reliability Profession (CMRP) certification.
• Certified Automation Professional (CAP) Certification through Instrument Society of America (ISA)
• Experience with electrical power equipment testing (NETA).
• Basic understanding of National Electric Code (NEC), IEC standards and ISA standards
• Experience with Corn Milling equipment and processes
• Electrical Power Professional Engineer (PE) or EIT pursuing a Professional Engineer license
• Microsoft Office Suite experience.Job:
Day JobJob Posting:
Reliability Centered Maintenance
Attention To Detail