The Human Resource Specialist performs work of moderate difficulty with a focus on full-cycle recruitment including full understanding of job descriptions for medical and non-medical positions within DPN, position posting and marketing through traditional, social media and creative platforms, effective candidate sourcing and screening, proficient behavioral based interviewing to identify quality candidates, and exceptional organizational and communication skills with candidates as well as internal customers including employees, hiring managers, HR peers, managers, and DPN Leaders. This position facilitates new employee orientation and onboarding including new hire benefit administration; facilitates exit interview process; maintains recruitment and retention metrics; is responsible for accurate and timely recruitment and retention reporting; assists with on-going benefit administration; assists with annual performance evaluations; maintains HRIS and employee files and records including compliance tracking and compiles HR reports as needed; assists with unemployment process; performs other HR work as assigned. This is a customer service position and requires demonstrated ability wo work well within the HR team and to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels within the organization. The HR Representative must be sensitive to organizational needs, employee goodwill and departmental goals. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strong focus on recruitment efforts for exempt and nonexempt employees; assist with provider and leadership recruitment as needed.
- Job fair participation.
- Facilitate approved intern, student and volunteer programs, including recruitment and placement.
- Conducts new-employee orientations and all pre-employment activities.
- Participates in benefits administration and customer service, including new hire benefit enrollment, claims resolution, distribution of annual employee notices as required and assisting with benefits reporting requirements including annual Biometric Screening events.
- Assists in administration of performance appraisals; helps monitor and track performance appraisals.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database as needed.
- Maintains and processes all Unemployment Notices of Entitlement and potential charges in a timely, efficient manner. Attends unemployment hearings when necessary
- Facilitates the exit interview process.
- Completion of compliance tracking and communication.
- Prepares monthly HR reporting activities for HR Dashboard and other documents as needed.
- Assist with special projects.
- Maintains and practices strict confidentiality.
- Maintain attendance in good standing according to DPN attendance policy.
- Assists the department in carrying out various human resource programs and procedures for all employees.
- Exhibits strong team-work and coordination with HR Director and HR Generalist.
- Attendance and punctuality are essential requirements of this position to provide excellent customer service to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Critical Evaluation.
- Ethical Practice.
- Organizational and Cultural Awareness.
- HR Expertise.
- Relationship Management.
This position does not contain supervisory responsibilities. Required Education and/ or Experience:
The HR Specialist position requires a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related field along with 1-3 years HR experience. This position requires excellent oral and written communication as well as strong organizational skills. Successful candidate will have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. HR Certification preferred. Physical/ Mental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear. Occasional lifting of up to 20 pounds. Environmental/Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting. Work will be completed in a smoke-free, climate controlled office. Office spaces may include the use of a parking lot within one half mile of the working location and may include the need to utilize stairs to access the working location. This position requires travel to other office locations. Please note, this job description does not constitute an employment contract. Except as may be provided under any other agreement between the Employee and the Company, the employment of the Employee by the Company is at will and may be terminated by either the Employee or the Company at any time, subject to applicable law.
Human Resources Information System (Hris)