To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cincinnati, OH
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Senior Platform Architect
Worldpay 2018 • Cincinnati, OH
Posted 6 days ago
Worldpay is a global payments leader powering international commerce with deep fintech expertise and a shared passion for our customers. Whether in-store, online, or on a mobile device, we process over 40 billion transactions annually and offer more than 300 payment methods supporting 126 currencies across 146 countries. It's the perfect place for exceptional people to take their careers to the next level.
Worldpay's growth is due in large part to our highly-sophisticated products and services. By offering some of the most advanced and user-friendly payments processing options available, we can continue our growth by beating our competitors. Enter the need for skilled Engineers who can build the tools we need to continually improve upon our product offerings. From software to technical architecture and more, investing in our team of Engineers is investing in our future.
The Principal Technology Designer handles the overall architectural design and development of new products and enhancements. By ensuring timely deployment in a cost-effective and sustainable process, he/she will provide application solutions to business problems as well as capitalize on new technological advancements. Always searching to continuously improve Worldpay's catalog of products and services, we will create and maintain stable, reliable systems for our clients and partners.
A World of Opportunity
We're turbo-charging our industry by nurturing the fintech experts needed to help our customers prosper. We don't try to ride the winds of change. We create them. We're proud to be shaping the future of payments by supporting the growth and development of our colleagues. We provide opportunities to learn and the flexibility needed to get the job done. We strive to hire the best and to create a climate where curiosity is king. So, wherever you join us around the world, we'll empower you to fulfill your potential. If this is the kind of career experience you're looking for, we invite you to apply today.
Responsibilities:Define and own "Platform Architecture" (applications and data technologies) utilizing on premise infrastructure, cloud environment, enterprise standards, best practices and reference architecture.
- Define Logical, Technical and Physical architecture of platforms.
- Ensure transparency of requirements and address these requirements during architecture definition. Make sure these are realized during product engineering development and deployment.
- Define reusable components, frameworks, common schemas, standards and tools to be used across platforms.
- Mentor and guide technical teams.
- Review application designs to make sure it's aligned with the platform architecture.
- Consult internal product engineering owners, product teams, enterprise architecture and customers (internal as well as external) on technology choices and feasibility evaluation.
- Help program and project management in identifying key technical risks and mitigation plans, effort estimation and planning.
- In-depth understanding of core IT infrastructure concepts: data centers, security, networking, storage, compute, and software applications.
Qualifications: Defining and realizing end-to-end "Platform Architecture" for large & complex platforms.
- Extensive experience in designing applications, systems and platforms.
- Experience in defining and realizing Service Oriented Architectures,
- Experience in payments platform experience preferred.
- Experience with cloud-based services like caching, databases, search, etc.
- Experience in Micro-services, PaaS and Container platforms.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery.
- Proficient in creating documentation (architecture blueprints, design specifications).
- Proficient in collaboration with cross functional teams.
- Proficient in technical and thought leadership.
- Strong experience in at least one RDBMS.
- Experience in Node.JS and NoSQL databases a plus.
- Deep expertise in at least one application server.
- Experience in Identity Federation and Software defined infrastructure.
- Up-to-date with technology trends and possess ability to correlate them with business and customer need with a proven track record of effective verbal and written communications.
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions for which reasonable accommodation will be made. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Colleagues may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their leader, subject to reasonable accommodation.