Antietam Broadband is looking for an energetic person who is willing to work hard and grow with our company. Our Network Engineers are responsible for monitoring, maintaining and troubleshooting customer-facing network hosts, switches, routers and related infrastructure. If you are looking for a place to grow and a friendly working environment, then Antietam Broadband is the place for you!
When you join Antietam Broadband....
You'll be joining an award-winning company and team. We will not only offer you a full range of benefits, including group health & dental insurance, 401(k) program with company match, generous PTO program, a company wellness program, employer paid short and long term disability, and more! We are a great place to work because we are committed to providing an environment that gives each employee the opportunity to nurture their gifts and achieve their potential. Our mission is to pass on to the next generations of customers, employees, communities, and owners an organization that is even stronger and better than what it is today. The position is remote but will require occasional in office visits. The ideal candidate will be within driving distance of the office.
Schurz Communications and its subsidiaries strategic objectives:
- We will attract, invest in, communicate with, and retain top talent.
- We will dynamically grow revenues by building and nurturing mutually beneficial and profitable customer relationships.
- We will innovate, partner, experiment and create a better future together.
- We strive to continuously improve operating performance to ensure sustained growth.
- Assist with ISP network engineering on the delivery of Carrier Ethernet, DOCSIS, Fiber, Wireless and telephony services.
- Perform data collection and analysis from a security perspective and from a business perspective.
- Configure, maintain and respond to network host monitoring applications.
- Manage assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
- Respond to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and external entities as required to provide technical and analytical support.
- Conduct routine network hardware, software, configuration and related audits to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Incident response according to existing standards for security and operational incidents.
- Maintain an appropriate and professional image of the company through appearance, demeanor, and interactions with internal and external customers always.
- Comply with company policies and specifications
You will need:
BS in related field or equivalent job experience
Valid and Clean Driver’s License
- Solid understanding of networking in a Cisco environment.
- Experienced with Internet-related applications, DNS, HTTP(S), POP, IMAP, SMTP, NTP, and so on.
- Knowledge of Linux Red Hat/CentOS, Ubuntu, and Windows Server a plus.
- Familiar with data manipulation and analysis. Able to prepare data for presentation.
- Ability to analyze, identify, prioritize and solve problems required.
- Good relations and communication skills are required.
- Network and Server Admin certifications are a plus.
Networking, Security, VMware, Cloud Computing Preferred
- Ability to learn new skills while contributing to projects with network operations.
Even better if:
- Lift and carry up to 50 pounds
To learn more about Antietam Broadband, [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Network Engineer.
Ubuntu (Operating System)
Internet Message Access Protocols
Simple Mail Transfer Protocols
Network Time Protocols