Responsible for providing a safe and effective exercise environment for club Members/Guests through supervision of exercise programs, education of the Members/Guests in exercise and a focus on establishing a personalized program of exercise for each Member/Guest. Also responsible for promoting the facility and the club, while providing the Three Steps of Service to the Members and guests of the club. Reports Directly Director of Fitness or Operations GM.
Day to Day:
- To provide supervision of the exercise and fitness areas of the club, including assisting Members/Guests with their exercise and fitness programs.
- To evaluate Member/Guest fitness needs and provide the appropriate exercise program for meeting those needs, including providing personal instruction.
- To connect Members to other Members through ongoing contact with the Members and promotion of club activities, including warm welcomes, magic moments, and fond farewells by connecting with each Member in the facility.
- Conduct new Member FitStart appointments in accordance with club standards and track accordingly.
- Update fitness activities and programming on web page and/or Member communication board, as applicable.
- Responsible for daily processing of all accounting procedures around personal training and or group session(s) accurately.
- Responsible for submitting monthly forecasts for expected sessions, Fit Starts and New Client goals.
- Promote the facility amenities, programs and the Club while maintaining a high level of professionalism and service that aligns with the values, philosophies, and standards of the club. This includes being in club-approved uniform and nametag.
- Maintain current fitness-related certifications including CPR/AED and actively seek new education opportunities that are presented through ClubCorp partnerships
- Maintain a schedule of availability that is current and update as needed to ensure accuracy
- Responsible for seeing that daily assignments are completed in their respective areas, to meet Club standards and as communicated in the Star Service FOCUS expectations (i.e. orderly/organized work areas, straighten/arrange entry area, picking up trash/debris, etc.).
- Assist fellow Employee Partners, Members, and guests to ensure delivery of the 3 steps of service without being directed. Be aware of team members and the environment and participate as a member of the team.
- Notify supervisor of Member/Guest complaints at the time they occur. Rectify, practicing service recover, any complaints as soon as possible.
- Because of the fluctuating demands of the Clubs operation, it may be necessary that each Employee perform a multitude of different functions therefore, as an essential part of your job, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises, just as other Employees are expected to help you. Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks as needed or as directed.
- Adhere to all the various company, club and department written mandatory standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to communicate effectively with proper grammar.
- Ability to work well under pressure, coordinating multiple tasks at any given time.
- Ability to focus attention on detail.
- Responsible for maintaining good conduct and safe working habits while in all areas, including all exercise areas and equipment are in safe and effective working condition, and assuring that others are acting safely.
- Attendance at Team and individual meetings
- Attendance at daily line-up and participate in club events as requested.
- Wearing a clean and neat uniform that follows ClubCorp and your property uniform standards daily.
WORK EXPERIENCE: Customer service experience. Minimum of one years experience in the fitness or exercise industry required.
EDUCATION: High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required. College Degree in health, fitness, or recreation related field preferred.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSE: Certification in CPR/AED. Certification from national organization such as ACSM, ACE, PTAG, W.I.T.S, CSCS, TPI, MAT, NSCA, NASM required. Within one year of employment ClubCorp STAR certified.
PERFORMANCE STANDARDS: Minimum of 5 hours of fee-based work per week.
WORKING CONDITIONS/ENVIRONMENT: Indoor and outdoor work.
- Automated External Defibrillator
- Certified Strength And Conditioning Specialist
- National Academy Of Sports Medicine (Nasm)
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation