You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Tax Administrative Assistant
RaceTrac Company Overview
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for carrying out administrative duties in order to support various aspects of a department. This individual assists all levels of leadership with any ad hoc administrative project needs and department planning.
- Carries out basic office administrative duties including, but not limited to, filing, copying, scanning, ordering supplies, generating reports and presentations, setting up for meetings, sorting mail, conducting research and telephone calls with various tax jurisdictions and other third parties to request information.
- Processes invoices for both vendors and general contractors in a timely manner. Serves as a point of contact for vendor and general contractor questions relating to payments.
- Maintains organized library of existing vendor contracts, reconciles invoices to budgeted fees and tracks overall spend.
- Provides real-time scheduling support by booking appointments and preventing conflicts.
- Uses technology to generate reports, occasionally create presentations, and conduct research.
- Anticipates the needs of others in order to ensure their seamless and positive experience.
- Performs various ad hoc requests for department personnel as needed.
- Associate's degree from an accredited college or university preferred
- Some tax experience preferred
- 1+ years experience in an administrative role a plus
- Intermediate level experience using Microsoft Excel (including pivot tables and lookups) and Microsoft Word (including document redlining and version comparisons)
- Experience with Microsoft OneNote and Teams a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Zoom, and Workday a plus
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple large-scale administrative project planning experience (e.g., high volume mail merges and mail-outs (knowledge of USPS certified mail and bulk book mailing procedures preferred), document/notice intake, large-batch scanning, and tracking, etc.)
- Experience improving and creating reference documents for day-to-day and project-specific processes preferred
- Has obtained (or willing to obtain) notary license
- Certified Mail
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft One Note
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: gd0trlk
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.