Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
We are seeking a skilled and motivated Database Administrator (DBA) for a growth opportunity on our team. As a Snowflake Database Administrator for Optum State Government Solutions, you will be responsible for managing the delivery of a multi-Terabyte Snowflake Data Warehouse environment on Azure Cloud that will contain public and private health care enrollment, claims and encounter data from insurance carriers, health plans, third-party administrators, pharmacy benefit managers, and Medicaid data. This is a growth opportunity position working with a highly skilled team that will carry over into Azure cloud administration activities and responsibilities.
- Experience with Snowflake and Oracle. Ability to migrate from On-premise Oracle to Cloud snowflake.
- User management, Security management, performance management, High availability management, space management, and backup management of databases
- Experience on Database tools, such as: SQL Developer, OEM / Grid, Toad, and ERWIN Data Modeler
- Build and maintain secure, compliant data processing pipelines, tables, views, procedures and datasets
- Integrate, transform, and consolidate data from various structured and unstructured data systems into structures that are suitable for building analytics solutions and/or performing analysis
- Use Enterprise Manager and other Azure services for availability and performance monitoring
- Automate database administration tasks using PL/SQL and shell scripts
- Work with engineers in support of SSO authentication requirements.
- Support of existing Oracle RAC on Linux, during a transition from on-premise to Azure Cloud.
- To be considered for this position, applicants need to meet the qualifications listed in this posting
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of experience in a Technical Support environment or a similar technical function in a customer-facing role
- 3+ years of experience supporting Snowflake running on Azure or AWS cloud services and terraform scripting
- Foundational SQL experience/usage
- Experience troubleshooting database connectivity issues using a variety of methods (client software, drivers/connectors)
- Database migration and ETL experience
- Understanding of Oracle database and VLDB concepts
- Understanding of Data Warehousing fundamentals and concepts
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English with an attention to detail
- Solid teaming skills in a highly collaborative environment and the ability to function in global arenas
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.