At Jacobs, we’re not just building structures, we’re helping our clients innovate and grow by designing, engineering, and executing the construction of their state-of-the-art facilities that are changing our world.
We're looking for a Junior Telecommunications Designer for our San Francisco or Sacramento office. Join us and you’ll have the chance to work on Mission critical, Healthcare, Federal, and Industrial buildings where you will play a role in the entire design process including but not limited to preliminary assessments, concept creation, design, problem resolution, drawing and specification production. Come be a part of a vibrant, dynamic team that delivers world class designs for well-known clients around the world. You’ll be accountable for providing technical design of systems for building projects including security, telecommunications, electronic security, audio-visual systems, horizontal cabling, intra/inter design backbone, and related technologies. You’ll also prepare engineering drawings, specifications, reports, review technical documents.
Bring your attention to detail and drive for success, and we’ll help you pursue your goals – so we can tackle challenging projects, together.
- 5 years of experience actively designing low voltage and communications systems for buildings
- Knowledge of the federal Unified Facilities Codes (UFCs) and DoD regulations
- Familiarity and demonstrated knowledge of ANSI/TIA and BICSI standards
- Basic knowledge of building systems.
- Proficiency in REVIT, AutoCAD and MicroStation
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
- Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD)
- Previous DoD experience, basic competency with Federal energy standards, Unified Facility Criteria (UFC) and other Government requirements
- Experience in telecommunications, security, and audiovisual systems design
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Jacobs will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
and [ Link removed ]
Registered Communications Distribution Designer