To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Goose Creek, SC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Software Design Engineer II
Apex Systems • Goose Creek, SC
Posted 1 month ago
Apex Systems currently has an opening for a Software Application Programmer to work at the Navy Nuclear Power Training Command (NNPTC), Goose Creek, SC. This is an opportunity to use your experience to help Fluor Marine Propulsion Corporation, LLC’s (FMP LLC) Training Programs and Technologies – Computer-Based Training Development Personnel subcontract mission. In this mission we transform curricula designed by instructional experts, experienced Navy Nuclear Power technicians, and Navy Nuclear Propulsion subject matter experts into computer-based training (CBT) products used in the Navy’s self-paced nuclear power plant training program.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity please send your resume to Miguel Vasquez at email@example.com.
***Candidate must be able to obtain and/or maintain a DOD Secret Clearance as a condition of employment.***
Candidate will be performing software engineering related activities such as design, software development and testing. Requires the understanding and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of technical domain and has understanding of other related areas. Assists in developing solutions to technical problems and issues that are unclear and require technical knowledge. Assists in developing training software and corresponding programs using third-party software. Can interface with customer personnel to review status of work in progress, discuss new work and help define solutions.
- Must be experienced in the development and maintenance of business software applications, systems and products involving interactive user interfaces.
- Must have at least a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Technology with five (5) years of professional experience or equivalent combined Education / experience.
- Must be proficient in the development of interactive software applications using object-oriented software (e.g., ctk or c+.1-), methodologies and practices.
- Must work with FMP LLC's subject matter experts to generate technical specifications to implement desired functionality/interactivity into software app cations.
- Must be proficient in the development and maintenance of business software applications.
- Must assist FMP LLC in the design and development of interactive software applications, including the recommendation of methods and software.
- Software development experience in Ada, C, C++
- Familiarity with Navy Nuclear Power Training Program is a plus.
- Successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work as a member of a virtual team.
- Active DoE L clearance is a plus.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178