Manufacturing Engineer/Industrial Engineer
Our Davenport, Iowa client is looking to hire a Manufacturing Engineer or Industrial Engineer. This Engineer is responsible for supporting operations on the production floor. This includes initiating, leading and actively participating in safety, quality and profitability improvement initiatives. The Manufacturing/Industrial Engineer manages projects, leads cross-functional teams, and designs improved fixtures, tools, jibs, work instructions, training and process flow.
- Provide daily support at production’s direction, assist with problem solving resolution and provide knowledge necessary to be successful in this role.
- Support and drive continuous improvement processes by monitoring and measuring facility performance for quality, production performance and drive corrective action as needed.
- Use data and shop floor feedback to improve fixtures, tools, cell layout and work instructions.
- Use Lean manufacturing techniques in all aspects of the job to improve products and processes.
- Work with production employees to monitor processes and identify areas for improvement. Lead tool medication/repair requests with customers and maintenance.
- Measure effectiveness of training.
- Assist with production issues, conduct training and help problem solve.
- Associates or Bachelors degree in Manufacturing Engineering or Industrial Engineering or equivalent.
- Coursework in Mistake Proofing (Poke-Yoke), 5S, Visual Management and Lean Manufacturing desired.
- Six Sigma Certificated a plus.
- 5+ years of Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineer, Continuous Improvement, Lean Manufacturing and ISO experience.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects at the same time.