The Mortgage Loan Processor provides thorough explanations of documents required to satisfy loan conditions, coordinates delivery of all required loan documents and foreshadows the entire loan process. The loan processor continues to follow up with the client on outstanding conditions required and accurately and efficiently enters, maintains and updates loans in our loan origination system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform in-depth analysis of loan files for submission to underwriting and closing departments ensuring the required documentation is received and complete.
• Establish rapport with borrowers and deliver excellent customer service.
• Maintain system data including status and loan events (receipt of stipulations, dates and memos) with anticipation of closing each loan within 30 days.
• Order and review all required 3 party reports.
• Verify all loan documents have been received and loan conditions have been met
• Obtain final approval sign off by underwriting, and confirm scheduled closing date.
• Resolve all loan level file issues to assist in funding the loan.
• Manage internal and external expectations on timelines, costs and processing.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must be self-motivated with high energy and a positive attitude.
• Must have excellent phone etiquette.
• Must be detail oriented and results driven with a focus on customer service.
• Must have excellent interpersonal, follow-up, and relationship building skills.
• Must have excellent written communication skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the mortgage documents and loan processing.
• Ability to work overtime (especially at the end of the month).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• College degree preferred. Equivalent experience in mortgage banking origination may be a substitute.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to handle, touch or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee is rarely required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Bayview is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Attention To Detail