To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Minneapolis, MN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Analytic Manager 4 - NLP DATA SCIENCE COMPLIANCE INITIATIVES
Wells Fargo • Minneapolis, MN
Posted 1 month ago
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The NLP Data Science team in Enterprise Analytics and Data Science (EADS) is responsible for developing and deploying NLP, machine learning, and AI solutions for key strategic Enterprise initiatives such as customer experience improvement, risk management and compliance, business operational excellence, and team member experience. The team is looking for an experienced analytics leader to manage the AI/NLP model development for Compliance areas. As the leader for the team, you will be responsible for building and managing a team of data scientists to design, develop, and implement AI/ML models focusing on Compliance initiatives for the enterprise and Wells Fargo lines of business. You will be leveraging unstructured text such as emails, text messages, notes, and semi-structured data in combination of structured data to apply text analytics and NLP/ML techniques. You will be responsible for relationship management with business functional executives within the Compliance areas to frame the problem, select the right approach, resources, and tools to meet their business requirements. Partnering with AI technology team, AI business solution team, and Compliance executives, you and your team will deliver and deploy AI/ML models on the Well Fargo AI platform to scale these solutions and embed them in the operational processes. You will also be working with the enterprise model validation team to ensure the modeling process and procedures meet corporate model risk policy and requirements. You and your team will contribute to the establishment of a working model that consists of standardized processes, repeatable modules, and approved artifacts to scale up the model review and validation process to improve efficiency in a controlled framework.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Manage and grow a team of data scientists responsible for AI-NLP model development in support of compliance initiatives
- Design, develop, and deploy AI/ML models using state of the art NLP techniques available in the open stack and/or vendor solutions
- Partner with LOB business executives to frame the problem, manage the model development process, and business relationship
- Manage a portfolio of the data science projects including the following responsibilities:
- Help finalize project scope working with business partners
- On-going touch-base with business partners and governance stakeholders
- Define priorities in partnership with the business partners during on-going development
- Partner with corporate risk teams to understand model risk policy and its implications to model development, review, and monitoring
- Adhere to corporate model risk policy and ensure compliance with model risk management
- Working with other data science teams to identify, gather, retain, and publicize modeling artifacts required for approved and repeatable processes
- Contribute to NLP data science teams’ group effort to stay concurrent with the cutting edge and bleeding edge of NLP/ML/DL algorithms, methodologies in the open source community and vendor solutions.
- Work with AI technology and production teams to operationalize models
- May be called upon to review vendor models and solutions and/or models developed outside of EADS
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- 4+ years of management experience
- 2+ years of statistical modeling experience
- 2+ years of Python experience
- 2+ years of SQL experience
- 3+ years of Natural Language Processing (NLP) experience
- 2 + years of experience using quantitative machine learning techniques
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- A BS/BA degree or higher in a quantitative discipline
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Meeting facilitation experience in leading discussions that result in consensus and commitment
Other Desired Qualifications
- 4+ years managing or directing data scientist/ statistician/ data engineer teams
- Technical skills: Familiarity and comfort with data pipelining and movement tools and tools for predictive analytics/ NLP/ machine learning
- Strong analytical and problem solving experience to aid decision making, in areas such as compliance, customer experience improvement, and analytics, operations optimization
- Experience with agile project management methodologies for data science
- Hands on experience with vendor tools such as Digital Reasoning
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.