Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The primary role of the Healthcare Economics Consultant - Medical Management Reporting - is to design and develop an effective and high-quality Reporting Suite that meet business requirements. This position will execute analysis and reporting processes, drive operational excellence, and identify potential areas for clinical cost improvements. Daily responsibilities include working with cross-functional clinical and operational teams to determine reporting needs, translating reporting requirements to technical specifications, developing reports as well as ensuring accurate and timely completion of deliverables. Technical abilities include data analysis using advanced SQL as well as following Business Intelligence (PowerBI) best practices, data management, issue resolutions, security and content administration, performance tuning and quality assurance.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develops reporting suite that supports medical management - utilization management, clinical cost reduction, process adherence and KPI measures
- Understands clinical programs, identifies appropriate reporting solutions and approaches
- Understands data structure and content, performs detailed data analysis, writes complex SQL queries to identify trend drivers, medical cost trends, membership trends, and distributes data for forecast reporting and decision making
- Follows data visualization best practices, creates and maintains report development related templates and artifacts
- Ensures high quality output, perform validations and detailed data analysis, drives report development and validation processes
- Demonstrates solid analytic and communication skills to build a portfolio of dashboards
- Proactive and diligent in identifying and communicating design and development issues and recommending potential solutions
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Finance, Health Administration, Mathematics, or related field, or in relevant field with 6+ years of healthcare experience
- 3+ years of Healthcare prior authorization and census domain knowledge in a data warehouse environment
- 3+ years of Data Visualization (PowerBI, Tableau, Cognos, Business Objects or similar) and experience developing reports using Power BI
- 3+ years of SQL (Oracle, SAS, SQL Server, Teradata or similar), including complex queries and stored procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to present ideas and concepts to senior leadership
- Agile Scrum/Kanban, work experience in Rally
- Code versioning tools, work experience in GitHub
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines, follow development standards and effectively raise critical issues with potential solutions
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 5, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $87,900 to $156,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Healthcare Economics Consultant , Prior Authorization, Census, SQL, Tableau, Power BI, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote