Bloom Energy is the leading force in transforming the way energy is generated and delivered. We are driving toward the parallel goals of growing a dynamic and forward-thinking company while creating a positive impact on our environment. Our mission is to make clean, reliable energy affordable globally. Our company is filled with smart and innovative thinkers and doers, and we never stop striving to improve our technology, to expand and improve our company performance, and to develop and support the many talented employees that serve our mission!
We are looking for a Revenue Accounting Manager to join our team in one of today’s most exciting technologies. This role will report to Sr. Director Revenue Accounting and based in San Jose, CA.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage Corporate Revenue Accounting Policy including updates of all revenue accounting policies
- Be a key technical resource and provide technical guidance to operationalize revenue accounting policy to ensure the revenue recognition processes, models, and systems are designed to follow the Company’s policy
- Own SSP policy and manage SSP refresh analysis on a periodic basis
- Review revenue related contracts and apply revenue recognition guidelines (ASC 606, ASC 842) and document the assessment in deal summary, checklist, and accounting memorandums to ensure that significant contract terms and conditions are accounted for properly
- Conduct research on accounting literature and partner with key functional business teams to discuss and analyze complex contract terms and conditions and determine the appropriate accounting treatment
- Assist in the review of revenue disclosures for external financial reporting, including 10Q's, 10K's and assist in ensuring compliance with SEC and GAAP reporting requirements
- Work closely with auditors to drive conclusions on complex accounting issues. Build a strong and effective professional relationship with our external auditors to ensure effective coordination of quarter-end review and year-end audit activities.
- Ensure Sarbanes-Oxley requirements are met for relevant areas
- Assist in month-end, quarter-end close activities, including JE preparation or review, account reconciliation preparation or review.
- Assist with ad hoc projects as needed
Skills, Educations and Experiences:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent education requirements
- 7+ years of public accounting and/or relevant industry experience (Big 4 is preferred)
- Strong technical accounting skills in ASC 606; experience with ASC 842 is a plus
- Ability to meet tight deadlines with demonstrated ability to prioritize competing priorities
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent team player with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong experience with MS Office, Oracle; SFDC and revenue software is a plus
- CPA is preferred
About Bloom Energy:
At Bloom Energy, we strive toward a 100% renewable future. Our Energy Servers are adaptable to new and innovative fuels while already acting as a cleaner and far more resilient source of power than existing solutions. We see hydrogen as a significant game-changer in the world’s energy usage, and Bloom Energy fuel cells and electrolyzers will be the industry standard for clean, efficient, and reliable energy production. We anticipate being able to work in concert with other renewable energy technologies to create a comprehensive system that will change the way energy in the world is produced, stored, transmitted, and used. For more information visit: www.bloomenergy.com.
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles