Sodexo is seeking a Chef Manager for Asbury - Bethany Village located in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania. Bethany Village is an upscale continuing care retirement community with a total of 650 residents and is expanding our services to include a new brick oven pizza restaurant and pub scheduled to open in the Fall of 2020. This Chef Manager will oversee the operations of this new venue once open and initially oversee the food service operations for the skilled care and assisted living areas serving approximately 169 residents. The Chef Manager will move from FOH to BOH and cook an average of 3-4 times a week. Typical shift will vary between the hours of 6:00am - 7:30pm with rotating weekend coverage and some holidays.
The successful candidate will:
- be responsible for purchasing, menu compliance, inventory, food cost analysis and food production forecasting;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality are implemented;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and motivate team members to embrace culinary innovations;
- ensure food safety, sanitation and workplace safety standard compliance; and/or
- have working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of culinary standards;
- strong coaching and employee development skills.
Learn more about Asbury - Bethany Village at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Chef Manager
Learn more about [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Chef Manager
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Chef Manager.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Responsible for the day to day execution of the menus & culinary deliverables. May be responsible for smaller units within a multi-location.
- Executes the culinary function.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Handles administrative functions.
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED or equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.