To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Nashville, TN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Permanent General Companies, Inc. • Nashville, TN
Posted 11 days ago
The General is seeking a DevOps Engineer addition to join our dynamic team. The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for information technology development and operations functions including orchestration, automation, configuration management, application administration, maintenance, and support activities. The DevOps Engineer will implement and support a variety of technologies and operations functions in on premise, hosted, and cloud-based environments.Responsibilities
- Implement build, deployment, and configuration management
- Assist with the design and development of scripts/tools for continuous integration / continuous deployments, automation templates/tools for infrastructure provisioning, and configuration & change management
- Administer, and support web application infrastructure technologies including Java platforms (Tomcat and WebLogic), SSL certificates, network load balancers, DNS, and LDAP
- Create documentation for the solutions provided
- Maintain and monitor configuration standards
- Perform maintenance and support functions for all computing environments including application deployments, post-deployment, production validation, patching, tuning, troubleshooting, and application password administration
- Configure, administer, and utilize IT operations tools including monitoring, alerting, log aggregation, and capacity planning
- Monitor metrics and develop ways to improve
- Support after-hours on-call requirements, planned maintenance activities, and disaster recovery exercises
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues, perform root cause analysis
- Adhere to and supports all established IT service management processes including change, release, incident, problem, capacity, availability, and configuration management
- Bachelor’s Degree with concentration in Computer Science preferred, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience automating application and infrastructure deployments
- 2+ years of experience developing and administering services in Amazon Web Services
- 5+ years of experience with IT operations and administration functions supporting infrastructure technologies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experienced with orchestration, automation, and configuration management using tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins, Bitbucket(Git), Docker, Kubernetes
- Expert at programming in a DevOps environment using high-level scripting languages such as Python, Perl, and Expect
- Strong background in Linux administration
- Experience creating and monitoring high availability, scalable, networks in AWS using EC2, Lambda, VPC, ELB, IAM, Route53, and other AWS services.
- Knowledgeable of Micoservices Architecture
- Solid understanding of infrastructure technologies, operational best practices, and troubleshooting. Knowledge of a variety of technologies is desired, including Linux and Windows server operating systems, Java environments (Tomcat, WebLogic), IP networking, Storage, Databases, Servers, Security, Firewalls, Load Balancers, etc
- Ability to produce technical documentation
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) required
- Understanding of ITIL best practices preferred