Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Sr. Account Executive/Account Manager, you will play a key role in establishing and maintaining relationships with pharmaceutical manufacturers, negotiating contracts for specialty pharmaceutical products, and interacting with many internal stakeholders and business partners. This individual contributor role will also play a key part in negotiating purchase discounts and understanding general drug pricing strategies. This role requires solid cross functional collaboration. This role requires an advanced proficiency using MS Excel for analyses, the ability to convey complex or technical information in a manner that others can understand, and someone who is adaptable, able to work independently, and be comfortable sometimes dealing with ambiguity.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Maintains detailed knowledge of services, contracts, financials, key contacts of clients within their portfolio
- Retains and grows clients through proactive relationship management, recognizing new opportunities within the current statement of work or portfolio
- Builds and fosters relationships with biopharmaceutical manufacturers and internal stakeholders and business partners
- Actively expands the relationship beyond primary services or contract
- Fosters a customer-focused culture throughout the organization to deliver excellence and recommend methods to improve quality and service, with an emphasis on delivering on customer requirements
- Participates in and leads pricing discussions and outputs for new client services
- Understands client’s business objectives, issues or challenges and assists in translating into solutions to drive and achieve successful outcomes for both the client and the company
- Collaborates with client and other functional groups to develop and deliver custom reporting that enables market and program insights
- Identifies and champions new solutions, service opportunities, and product strategies which represent the “voice of the customer”
- Lead large, complex projects to achieve key business objectives
- Translate highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Predict emerging customer needs and develop innovative solutions to meet them
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 + years of Account Management with external clients (beyond internal partners, patients, or prescribers) which must include:
- Experience evaluating, interpreting, and negotiating contract language directly with clients
- Experience utilizing metrics to drive outcomes and to identify service opportunities and/or investments
- Experience developing and delivering custom reporting that enables market and program insights
- Experience using financial models and to assess the financial health of a client program
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (e.g., ideate new solutions, participate in solution design, coordination across internal and external groups, champion the customer experience)
- Experience delivering formal presentations
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams, etc.)
- Willingness/ability to travel up to 35% of the time
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Graduate degree - MBA a plus
- 5+ years of experience working in pharmacy benefit management (PBM), specialty pharmacy and biopharmaceutical manufacturer
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.